[WGIS]History Through Maps - Lecture 7/7 in Wilsonville

sarale hickson

Jul 6, 2011, 5:44:25 PM7/6/11
to wi...@googlegroups.com

In case you are interested:

"Sure, the Columbia River divides Washington and Oregon, but what explains the other boundaries of our state? Why are the county lines where they are, and how have they changed over the years?

Using maps from his own personal collection, historian Robert Hamm will show how cartographic processes changed from the 1500′s to the late 1800′s, and how people saw their world."

http://wvlibrary.wordpress.com/2011/07/01/dewey-talks-about-oregon-history-through-maps-thursday-july-7/

Alexa Todd

Jul 6, 2011, 5:48:20 PM7/6/11
to wi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the information!  That sounds really interesting and I wish I were able to attend.

Alexa