Automation not working with SR1000 range ext.

Alain Lamoureux

Apr 29, 2017, 11:14:28 PM4/29/17
to Wifi Strongest Signal
Hi,

I would like to automate the switch (for our mobile devices) of my wifi transmiters.

I have 1 dd-wrt router/AP (Asus RT-N12/B) - 1 Amped SR1000 Range Ext - 1 Linksys WAP4400N A/P

I recently decided to install an app on my phone to test the automation switch of wifi signals. I installed "Wifi Roaming Fix".

To work correctly, the app needs to see wifi signals from same SSID but different channels. Unfortunatly, the range ext (SR1000) needs to be on the same channel than the router/AP that it's extending. I've tried to set different channels (by putting the incorrect channel in the "netword setting" section), but my cell couldn't seam to connect to the range ext. as it was unable to get an IP address.

My other A/P on the other hand is cable connected to the network with same SSID and a different channel than my wifi router (dd-wrt). The auto switching works well. When approching the Linksys WAP4400N A/P, a switch is made and wifi signal is back at max. Since they all have same SSID, identification of wifi source is made via mac address.

I've tried the slow swith fonction in "Wifi Roaming Fix" which is suppose to help in my situation. It did not improve. Still no automated switch between SR1000 range ext. and Router dd-wrt.

Is there any thing I could try to have my automation fully runing? My SR1000 is my main A/P. When I move far from it (and get closer to the router) my cell stills stays connect to the SR1000. It's a bit anoying...

Thank you for your help.