Version 1 released

dev...@heleron.com

Oct 18, 2012, 4:40:22 PM10/18/12
to wifist...@googlegroups.com
The first version of the Android app "Wifi Strongest Signal" is available for download from the Google Play store.

Gadi Cohen

Oct 25, 2012, 6:10:42 AM10/25/12
to wifist...@googlegroups.com
This is great work and has significantly improved my life! :)

I suggested in the market (on my dad's account, since it's for his phone) that you add:

* Ability to auto-start on boot
* Ability to nickname/alias the different APs (which are on the same ESSID of course)

Thanks a lot!

dev...@heleron.com

Oct 27, 2012, 7:19:33 PM10/27/12
to wifist...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad it works on your phone.

I'm working on a new version, so I'll try to put in the auto start as you suggested.

I didn't really understand though what you meant about "nickname/alias" - please could you explain this in more detail?

Gadi Cohen

Oct 31, 2012, 2:59:54 PM10/31/12
to wifist...@googlegroups.com
Hey, sorry for late reply...

I meant it would be great if we could give our own name / nickname / alias to our access points, so that from within the app we could more easily see which AP we're connected to, rather than needing to check the MAC address each time.  I first saw this feature in Wifi Analyzer and it's really useful!

Hope that makes sense... e.g. We have 3 APs all with the same ESSID, and we can nickname ...:AA:AA "Lounge", ...:AA:BB "Bedroom", etc.  Then I'll always know which one I'm connected to without having to compare the MAC address to an existing list every time.

Thanks!

dev...@heleron.com

Nov 4, 2012, 5:52:28 PM11/4/12
to wifist...@googlegroups.com
Good idea. For the next version, I added the channel number after the SSID to make it easier to see which AP you're connected to.