Kendo grid - can the columns be reordered

Richard Livingstone

Jun 30, 2017, 7:53:17 AM6/30/17
to wicket-jquery-ui
Hi Sebastien

Great to see you are still moving on with your JQuery Wicket UI integration. I used it in 2015 last for a project for the BBC during the UK elections - it worked very nicely too so chapeau to you for that.

I am looking at something different now and have a question. I know the Kendo grid/datatable is capable of columns being reordered but it doesn't look like you can do that in JQuery Wicket. Any chance of that being added at some point? What I want to do is to allow users to reorder grids and select which fields they want to display and have that remembered as a cookie or even in a database against that user, so that their visual tinkering persists.

What do you think?

Best wishes

Richard

Sebastien

Jun 30, 2017, 8:08:44 AM6/30/17
to wicket-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

Glad to see you back around ! And thank you very much for your kind words ! :)

To answer your question:

1/ if you want the columns to be reordered client side only (you do not persist changes for instance) then its only matter of widget configuration:

    @Override
    public void onConfigure(JQueryBehavior behavior)
    {
        super.onConfigure(behavior);

        behavior.setOption("reorderable", true);
    }

2/ if you need to persist (or do anything else server side), then it requires me to implement the "columnReorder" event.
In this case, please open an issue in github and give me a deadline (I'm quite busy these days)
http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/javascript/ui/grid#events-columnReorder

Thanks & best regards !
Sebastien

Richard Livingstone