Clean Transportation and JB Straubel of Tesla at The Energy Fair - WI

Benjamin Nelson

Jun 1, 2017, 9:17:12 AM6/1/17
to wi-alt...@googlegroups.com

Begin forwarded message:

From: Kaitlyn Kohl <kait...@midwestrenew.org>
Subject: Fwd: JB Straubel of Tesla at The Energy Fair - WI
Date: May 31, 2017 at 3:09:29 PM CDT
To: Ben Nelson <b...@hdvideoguy.com>

Hi Ben,

I've put together an email highlighting a majority of the Clean Transportation offerings at The Energy Fair this year.

I was wondering if you'd be willing to forward it along to any EV associations you are involved in or might know, or forward to your email list of contacts that might be interested?

Let me know what you think, and if you have any questions. We appreciate your help in spreading the word. Thanks!

(directions to forward the email: click forward, delete my contact information and any information you don't want included above the email. Edit the Subject line to remove the Fwd: letters)

Kaitlyn Kohl
Communications Coordinator
kait...@midwestrenew.org

Midwest Renewable Energy Association (MREA)
7558 Deer Road, Custer, WI 54423
www.midwestrenew.org

Clean Transportation Show, Tesla Rally, Workshops and more!
Clean Transportation Show, Tesla Rally, Workshops and more!
The 28th Annual Energy Fair
Dear Friend,

The 28th Annual Energy Fair is just a few weeks away! The Midwest Renewable Energy Association has put together an exciting lineup of workshops, keynotes, and events relating to Clean Transportation at Their 28th Annual Energy Fair this June 16-18, in Custer, WI.

The line-up features keynote speakers like JB Straubel, Co-Founder of Tesla (make sure to reserve your seat). A Clean Transportation Show, Tesla Rally, 14 workshops on clean transportation topics including a special meeting of Plug-in Electric Vehicles in Midwest. You can check out some more clean transportation highlights during The Energy Fair below.
Keynote Speaker: JB Straubel
Co-Founder and CTO of Tesla
Saturday, June 17, 6:00 p.m.
On the Human-Powered Main Stage
$25 MREA Members
$50 Non MREA Members

JB Straubel is the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) and co-founder of Tesla Motors. At Tesla, JB manages the technical direction and engineering design of the Tesla products including battery technology, power electronics, motors, software, firmware and controls. JB also created and manages many important Tesla initiatives including: the Tesla Energy business providing grid storage for commercial utilities and residential consumers; the worldwide Tesla Supercharger network of fast DC chargers; and the Tesla Gigafactory which is leading the way toward increasing worldwide battery production and lowering the cost per kWh. He also has responsibility for new technology evaluation, R&D, technical diligence review of key vendors, and building partner relationships. Read Full Bio.
Reserve Your Seat
Clean Transportation Highlights at The Energy Fair
Clean Transportation Show
The Show features alternative and fuel efficient vehicles from around the Midwest, from homebrew cars, to DIY electric bikes, and latest offerings from Tesla. Learn More
EV Charging Stations
Driving your EV to the Fair? Register to charge up at one of our charging stations. We've got 14 Level II chargers and a new ABB Terra 53 DC Fast Charger
Tesla Owner Rally
There will be a designated Tesla Rally section in the EV Parking are. Saturday afternoon, there will be a photo taken to document the "largest gathering of Tesla cars in the Midwest" Learn More
Plug-in EVs in Midwest
This workshop brings together Midwest PEV owners and supporters to discuss the state of the PEV market and how to accelerate the shift to electric transportation in the Midwest. Learn More
Join MREA's PV+EV Campaign
As interest in marrying PV and EV technologies keeps growing, MREA will be fundraising for a new PV carport. Presentations on Friday and Saturday at  the Fair.  Learn More
 14 Clean Transportation Workshops
Among 250+ workshops 14 are dedicated to Clean Transportation. Topics range from Hydrogen Fuel Cell economy, to converting a vehicle to run on cooking oil. Learn More
and don't miss...
200+ Exhibits
Visit over 200 exhibits showcasing contributions to renewable energy, sustainable living, and energy efficiency advancements. Peruse artisan foods, and handmade goods from local farmers and craft-makers.
Learn More
Solar Powered Green Mini Demo Derby
The worlds of county fairs and alternative energy collide as solar-powered remote control cars compete in heats, finishing with a championship showdown. Let's see how JB Straubel competes! Learn More
The 28th Annual Energy Fair also features, live music, solar-brewed beer, delicious food, family friendly activities, and much more. Learn more about the Nation's longest running clean energy and sustainable living event!
See The Energy Fair schedule for the full line-up.
Buy Energy Fair Tickets
The Energy Fair Wisconsin Location
Midwest Renewable Energy Association
7558 Deer Road
Custer, Wisconsin 54423
7 miles east of Stevens Point

Energy Fair Hours
Friday, June 16         9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 17    9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 18       9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

NEW Second Energy Fair in St. Paul, MN
Workshops and Exhibits are FREE!
Thursday, Sept. 8      (Solar Professional Day)
Friday, Sept. 9           9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 10     9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

The Midwest Renewable Energy Association  | midwestrenew.org  |  in...@midwestrenew.org
Central WI Office: 7558 Deer Road, Custer, WI 54423  | 715-592-6595
Milwaukee Office: 3628 W Pierce Street, Milwaukee, WI 53215  | 414-431-0758
Twin Cities Office: 1754 University Avenue West, Saint Paul, MN 55104 |   651-789-5720
Share this email:
Manage your preferences | Opt out using TrueRemove
View this email online.
7558 Deer Road
Custer, WI | 54423 US
This email was sent to kait...@midwestrenew.org.
To continue receiving our emails, add us to your address book.