Free Summer Reading Program Has Begun!

Molly Milazzo

May 15, 2024, 8:59:56 PMMay 15

Hi all,

The annual Sacramento Public Library summer reading program is underway!  People of all ages can participate in reading, logging books, and winning prizes, including books, pins, and medals.  All reading is good reading, including stories told from memory, picture books, assigned reading from school, independent reading, graphic novels, newspaper comics, magazines, and subtitles – it counts, no matter the language or format!

Prizes can be picked up at your local library starting Saturday June 1.  Attached is a general flyer and a flyer for the official kickoff event at Howe Park, also on June 1.

Get started online: https://www.saclibrary.org/summer or visit your local library to pick up a paper log with additional activities: https://www.saclibrary.org/Locations  Anyone aged 0—18 can also fuel their summer by getting free lunches Tuesday—Saturday from 12—1 p.m., from June 18—August 9 at participating libraries: https://www.saclibrary.org/lunch

Finally, I’ve also attached flyers for two upcoming teen events – one this Saturday evening and one in June.  Please spread the word and let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Molly Milazzo (she/her)

Librarian

Sacramento Public Library – Arcade Branch

2443 Marconi Ave., Sacramento, CA 95821

(916) 264-2920 | mmil...@saclibrary.org

NOTE: I work a Tuesday-Saturday schedule.

Yo hablo español.

2024-Summer-Reading-Partner-Flyer-8.5x11.pdf
2024 Summer Reading Kickoff Event Flyer.pdf
Movies and Games Night for Teens Flyer.pdf
Pride Night for Teens Flyer.pdf