Fwd: We're Back! 💃

WHY Sac

Jan 6, 2022, 1:37:43 PM1/6/22
to whysa...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Your Sacramento LGBT Community Center <nor...@saccenter.org>
Date: Mon, Jan 3, 2022 at 4:00 PM
Subject: We're Back! 💃
To: <whysac...@gmail.com>

Hope you had a restful Holiday week, The Center is open to the public
View this email in your browser
THE UPDATE | January 3 | 2022
The Highlights:
  • Both Center locations in Midtown and South Sacramento are open for regular hours, to learn more about the services we offer visit www.saccenter.org.

  • We will be resuming our PCR COVID-19 Testing services, Please note, due to a shortage of antigen COVID-19 test, both Center locations will be temporarily halting RAPID COVID-19 testing until further notice. Learn more and schedule your test today at saccenter.org/coronavirus-covid-19-updates-and-resources

  • We reached and exceeded our year-end fundraising goal! With your help we were able to raise $118,000. Thank you so much for supporting the Center. Learn more about how you can continue your support at saccenter.org/donate

  • Start 2022 off right by getting HIV Tested at the Marsha P. Johnson Center South this Wednesday from 12-6 p.m. We will be giving away FREE 2022 planners and gift cards with every HIV Test! Learn more about our Marsha P. Johnson Center South at saccenter.org/MarshaPJohnson for more information please call (916) 442-1100.

Do you have any questions about our Economic Justice Program or have an employment opportunity to share? Reach out to jason....@saccenter.org to add it to "The Update"!
Learn More
Learn More
Apply Now

Do you have an update to share on the Community Update section? Send me an email at jason....@saccenter.org
Our Host Homes program provides bridge housing for 18-24-year-old youth in homes of community hosts. The length of stay is flexible, averaging 4-6 months. Youth are provided stable housing, meals, social/emotional support, and case management while making progress toward their life goals. Interested in getting involved with Host Homes? Complete our Host Home inquiry form here.  Click here to access the housing intake form.
Vaccines are free and easy to obtain. Do you need help getting the COVID-19 vaccination in Sacramento County? Reach out! Our COVID-19 Vaccine Manager, Hosna can help! Email hosna.m...@saccenter.org

Do you have a question about a youth workshop, group, or program? I'd love to help! Shoot me an email at yo...@saccenter.org or give us a call at (916) 442-0185! To register for Youth workshops visit bit.ly/qspotdec
What's happening this week?

Monday 1/3
Pizza Party - 4:30 p.m.

Tuesday 1/4
Youth Group Ages 18-24 @ 6 p.m.

Wednesday 1/5
Music Theory - 4 p.m.
--
Youth Group Ages 13-17 6-7:30 p.m.
Parent/Guardian Support Group @ 6 p.m.

Thursday 1/6
Board Game Night - 5-7 p.m.

Friday 1/7
Magic The Gathering - 4:30 p.m.

Sign-Up
Please email yo...@saccenter.org or call 916-442-0185 for more information.

Volunteer opportunities!

Community Resources Respite Volunteers
  • Assisting community members get food and beverage
  • Assisting the Community Resources and Groups Coordinator oversee run-of-day, assisting with special duties assigned
  • Assisting with providing clothing, bus passes, or ID vouchers as needed
  • Assisting the Community Resources and Groups Coordinator with data entry
Queer Youth Marketplace: 1/15/22

8 a.m.-2 p.m.: 2 Volunteers for setup
9 a.m.-2 p.m.: 6 Volunteers for run-of-day
  • Temp check at the door and handing out masks
  • 2 people to watch rooms
  • A few people to help rearrange furniture after the event to put everything back
COVID-19 Task Force
  • Attending meetings with the COVID-19 vaccination manager to brainstorm potential health outreach events
  • Assisting during pop up vaccine clinics: Helping clients sign in, managing the waiting room/line, set up/clean up of vaccine clinics
  • Attending health outreach events and engaging with people on the importance of getting vaccinated and tested for COVID-19
  • Canvassing around our Midtown Sacramento and South Sacramento Center in order to spread the word about the free testing resources we provide at the center as well as encouraging vaccination
  • Being a COVID-19 tester and conducting rapid/PCR testing at either our midtown or South Sacramento location
Center volunteers have the opportunity to give back and work toward solving the challenges and disparities faced by LGBTQ+ people with meaningful volunteer opportunities through Center programs and events.

Please reach out to me if you have any questions! eli....@saccenter.org
BECOME A VOLUNTEER
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO A SHORTAGE OF TESTS, RAPID COVID TESTING (ANTIGEN TESTING) IS UNAVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.

Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) COVID Testing*

Midtown
Mondays 12-7 p.m. - sign-up today!
Wednesdays 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. - sign-up today!

South Sacramento
Tuesdays 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. - sign-up today!
Thursdays 12-8 p.m. - sign-up today!

*Spanish Language testing is offered Wednesday and Thursday from 12-4 p.m.

Community Resources and Referrals: Monday through Friday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.

Q-Spot: Youth Respite Drop-In (ages 13-24) Monday through Friday 12-6 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Contact us

Community Mental Health Respite: Tuesday and Thursdays from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Please note: Most groups have temporarily moved to an Online-Only format, if you are unsure if your group is online or in-person or your group is not listed this week, please email in...@saccenter.org. Download a complete and updated list of our community programs here.

CHECK OUT THE COMMUNITY CALENDAR!
The Sacramento LGBT Community Center is a fun, inspiring, and rewarding place to work. Staff and volunteers are united by the Center’s mission of creating a region where LGBTQ+ people thrive. To learn more about the Center’s mission, vision, and values. We offer a competitive salary and outstanding employee benefits! Visit saccenter.org/careers to apply today!

On-Call Youth Advocate
Mental Health Clinician
Bilingual Community Resource & Outreach Coordinator
Events Director
Chief Development & External Affairs Officer

Resident Case Manager, Host Home
TLP Resident House Manager
Youth Outreach Coordinator (Bilingual)

Read more about these positions and apply online at saccenter.org/careers
APPLY TODAY!
Twitter
Facebook
Website
Copyright © 2022 Sacramento LGBT Community Center, All rights reserved.
Thank you for signing up to receive alerts and updates from the Sacramento LGBT Community Center.

Our mailing address is:
Sacramento LGBT Community Center
1015 20th Street
Sacramento, CA 95811