it's been 4 years, any update for new version of Whoosh?

Thang Nguyen Cong

Jan 4, 2021, 7:22:40 AM1/4/21
to Whoosh
Last time when i checked below link, it was still there, but now it's gone.

Do you guys know what happened?

Thank you.

David Lowry-Duda

Jan 4, 2021, 11:42:13 AM1/4/21
to Whoosh
There seem to have been some silent changes and a few things are falling out of sync. There is a github, https://github.com/mchaput/whoosh, which has been updated a few times in the last couple of years. I've only been using whoosh for a few months and I've found it very easy to use and hack on, and conveniently there are almost no dependencies so it doesn't need to be updated very often.

- DLD

Thang Nguyen Cong

Jan 5, 2021, 2:56:00 AM1/5/21
to who...@googlegroups.com
Tks for the answer.
I will look into it. :)

clach04

Jan 6, 2021, 12:53:28 AM1/6/21
to Whoosh
On Monday, January 4, 2021 at 8:42:13 AM UTC-8 david....@gmail.com wrote:
There seem to have been some silent changes and a few things are falling out of sync. There is a github, https://github.com/mchaput/whoosh, which has been updated a few times in the last couple of years. I've only been using whoosh for a few months and I've found it very easy to use and hack on, and conveniently there are almost no dependencies so it doesn't need to be updated very often.

Yep, what DLD said :-)

I think the reason the original bitbucket site is gone is that bitbucket/Atlassian removed all Mercurial repos. A number of other projects got impacted by this too :-(

Jonas Winkler

Jan 28, 2021, 8:19:40 AM1/28/21
to Whoosh
I remember reading about a version 3.0 somewhere, that's supposed to have much faster indexing, but I can't seem to find that post anwhere right now.

Apart from that, Whoosh works perfectly fine. I've been rolling out whoosh as part of an application to roughly 100+ users by now, each indexing between 100 and 20000 documents, haven't heard about any complaints so far. Even though the last release is pretty old, it works well, and I wouldn't worry too much about it.

- Jonas

Enideg Ayalew

May 14, 2021, 3:00:51 AM5/14/21
to Whoosh
hello dear; I start to use whoosh for question answering, are you volunteer to help me from scratch?