one month in and the visitors arrive ...

1 view

daz.diamond

Feb 28, 2008, 5:26:41 PM2/28/08
to whiteLABEL
right then.

whiteLABEL has been public for a month now. things started slowly and
a few updates happened. I let a few of the smaller plugin list sites
know about it last week, and yesterday, KVR audio discovered us ...

I was worrying a few days ago about server bandwidth, thinking I may
get upto 400 downloads in say a month, but then the visitors from KVR
kicked in and at time of writing downloads are a shade above 900. It
is at this point I should perhaps say a big thankyou to mr Chris
Ramsay [http://www.chrisramsay.co.uk/] who's kindly providing the
server space and not inconsiderable bandwidth used by whiteLABEL -
cheers mayte x.

The plugins : All in beta form, although deeeeeLAY and freqDELAY have
been designated version 0.5, and autoBED has reached the heady heights
of version 0.7. Before you ask - I haven't exactly got a plan with
regards to things like development cycle, and specific target dates or
states for any particular plugin as I've never done this before. I
will however consider it to be version 1.0 when I think its is ready.

Speakin' of which ... once a plugin reaches version 1.0, it will
remain freely downloadable, but will have reduced functionality which
can be unlocked by donating a bit of money. These plugins will not
remain free and fully functional forever. The idea at the moment is to
let them loose, see what happens and hopefully gather some feedback
along the way.

So, there we are.

keep your eyes on : http://www.roughdiamondproductions.com/whiteLABEL
read the blog (mostly for details of updates) :
http://daz.roughdiamondproductions.com/history/whitelabel-vst-plugins/
post here : mailto:white...@googlegroups.com

cheers
daz