a quick round-up

daz.diamond

Mar 13, 2008, 5:30:30 AM3/13/08
to white...@googlegroups.com
I'm away until after the weekend [SightSonic International festival of Digital Arts, York Uni, UK] so thought a little round-up of progress so far would be in order. As of 8 am Thursday 13th March 08, there have been nearly 3000 downloads to approx 1700 people from 1037 towns/cities in 84 countries.

Updates have been progressing slowly, and I've just figured out a better way of implimenting the text value parts of the interfaces generally resulting in a smaller dll, faster load time, less & more stable CPU use, and enhanced usability via direct text input of values.

Current versions are as follows :

        deeeeeLAY [v 0.6]
        freqDELAY [v 0.6]
        sidePRESS [v 0.6]
        autoBED [v 0.8]
        sideGATE [BETA]
        wavePLAY [its just wavePLAY]

Coming soon - stuff thats in the works :

voldeLAY - volume dependent delay chain
autoBED is a ducker right? okay, well voldeLAY does the same thing, except instead of fading between states a and b, there are 8 states each with their own threshhold level and delay time. Confused? I am. The incoming signal [or sidechain] is used to determine which 'band' is active, and transition time [combined attack / release] determines how long it takes to crossfade between bands. As with freqDELAY, all delay times [and threshhold levels] are scaled via one control. So, what's the point I hear you ask ? Well, it's [hopefully] useful for creating weird stuttering delays that change with the volume of input signal. Oh and its also got upto 2 seconds of lookahead for extra f**kupability..

swearBOX
oh **** he said **** again. This simple little plug is designed for people using vst plugins as part of a live radio / netsteaming setup. Its so simple I can't believe its not already been done. Anyway, it takes a stereo feed [your content] and delays it. Idea being that you hear the 'live' feed [no delay] in one ear, followed a second later in the other ear, finally to be output a further second later to the mix. There is a button to mute the output so that no **** makes it out. i.e. you hear 'oh ****' in your left ear, wake-up in time to hear it in your right ear, and then hit mute just in time for the expletive not to make it to air.

As I'm getting more efficient at designing these monsters, they'll maybe appear as 0.6 or 0.7 - they're not as complex as e.g. sidePRESS so development won't be as lengthy.

So, don't expect anything new until after the weekend ...

Thanks for trying whiteLABEL plugins - please let me know of any issues arising / questions / comments / suggestions - oh and if you are having success, I'd really like to know :)

[I'm aiming to get sideGATE updated asap as its currently lagging behind somewhat]

ta ta for now - squeek soon.

daz
xxx