ClassifyOverlapPoints - Can´t specify "Criterion"

emanuel vogel

Jul 4, 2022, 7:47:57 AM7/4/22
to WhiteboxTools
Hi,

i'm trying to use ClassifyOverLapPoints to clean lidar data. As per the user manual, there is supposed to be a "Criterion" parameter, where you can choose how the classification should be done. However, when I try to run the tool through Python, I'm not allowed to specify any Criterion (see screenshot).

I run whitebox through PyCharm in a conda environment (Python 3.10.4), but I installed Whitebox through pip as the version provided via Conda was an earlier release. The version installed is 2.1.2. I'm aware that "Criterion" was added in a recent update, is this not yet included in the pip package or am I missing something else?

Whitebox Geospatial Inc

Jul 4, 2022, 7:58:07 AM7/4/22
to whiteb...@googlegroups.com

This is my fault I'm afraid. I've recently modified this tool and planned to make this change available in the next release of the open-core. I had planned on releasing an open core version towards the end of May/early June and so updated the docs around that time to reflect the updated tools. Unfortunately, I got sidetracked with other things and haven't yet had time to create the release. This is a good reminder however that I need to do so soon. If you can't wait until I release the next version, please let me know and I can send you a version that incorporates the updated tool and Python API.

Regards,

John

emanuel vogel

Jul 4, 2022, 8:27:55 AM7/4/22
to WhiteboxTools
Hey,

Thank you for your quick reply! If it´s not too much work for you, and not too complicated for a novice to get it installed and running, I would be very grateful if you could send me the updated version.

Cheers,
Emanuel