Feature Suggestion

Philip

Jan 14, 2023, 9:12:25 PM1/14/23
to WhiteboxTools
Hi John,

I am really enjoying WbW and I had a suggestion for the lidar_info function - would you modify the function to accept a parameter to change the output from a html file to a variable, so an end user could parse out the EPSG code from the OGC Well Known Text.

I am working on opening the file in pdal to extract the header info to do the same thing, and removing a tool from the workflow would be great. I want to read the lidar file and include the crs information when writing the raster files.

Thanks,
Philip

Whitebox Geospatial Inc

Jan 15, 2023, 7:55:35 AM1/15/23
to Philip, WhiteboxTools

Good morning Philip,

That’s a good suggestion and I can certainly make that change. I don’t think it’ll be hard to make at all. I’ll aim to have that change made for the next release.

Regards,

John