Long Profile Tool Issue

Kevin Ferris

Oct 18, 2021, 4:29:04 PM10/18/21
to WhiteboxTools
Hi there,

I am using the long_profile tool in a python script and am having a weird problem with it.  Each time the tool is run a Windows file explorer is open.  I am writing the output to an HTML and that is all working fine. They used to open automatically in my browser when the tool completed (which I didn't particularly like either).

Is there any way to run the tool and not open the file after it is created?  I am running many streams at once and opening hundreds of Windows file explorers isn't ideal.

Thanks, you guys are the best!

- Kevin

John Lindsay

Oct 18, 2021, 4:42:44 PM10/18/21
to Kevin Ferris, WhiteboxTools
Hello Kevin,

Yes, there is a way to ensure that the tool does not attempt to open the HTML file after running. You simply need to set the verbose mode to False and it should write the output file but not attempt to open it. As for why it is opening a File Explorer rather than a browser, I can’t speak to why that may be happening, but I suspect it is a matter of how your system is set up. WBT will try to display the HTML using whatever program is the default for displaying HTML files in your settings.

Regards,

John