How to compile only a subset of tools

Jean-François Bourdon

Jun 29, 2021, 1:53:20 PM6/29/21
to WhiteboxTools
In order to speed up the compilation process when testing modification, is there a way to compile only a subset of tools? If for example I'm working only on the hydro_analysis toolbox,  the only way I found was to edit /whitebox-tools-app/src/tools/mod.rs in order to remove all references to data_toolsgis_analysis, image_analysis, lidar_analysis, math_stat_analysis, stream_network_analysis and terrain_analysis. That way I save several minutes of compilation time (on my computer at least).

Is there an other way to test modifications than to recompile the whole thing? I'm not that used to compile stuff as I work mainly with python and R...

Thanks!