.Identifying / digitising small surface features automatically in QGIS

Steve Research

Feb 6, 2024, 10:23:47 AMFeb 6
to WhiteboxTools
Hi, I am working in field biology and using a DJI UAV to get data.

I need to locate small features on a digital surface model (DSM) in QGIS and get their coordinates.

I have a field surface with distributed molehills they show up in the DSM but is there a tool that will mark them as objects to digitise their locations? The surface itself slopes so just putting a height threshold won't work.

I have QGIS + SAGA +WhiteBoxTools etc. but don’t know if there is a process to mark these without having to do it by hand (I have lots of fields to do!).

I was thinking about some way of setting an average surface height and then marking nodes above that height or some kind of feature processing plugin etc. but happy to try any software options.

molehills.png
Cheers,
Steve