burn streams at roads

Dianne Brien

May 7, 2021, 2:08:12 PM5/7/21
to WhiteboxTools
Hello,
I am using the Burn streams at roads tool in the ArcToolBox version of WhiteBoxTools. After running the tool, the output file is not in the specified location. The tools reports successful completion - a screen shot of the output is attached.
I appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks.
-Dianne
burn.PNG

Qiusheng Wu

May 7, 2021, 2:20:06 PM5/7/21
to WhiteboxTools
This might be caused by the input DEM. Would you be able to try out the WhiteboxTools Runner so that we can determine whether this issue is caused by the WBT backend or the ArcGIS frontend?

Dianne Brien

May 7, 2021, 2:33:58 PM5/7/21
to WhiteboxTools
Thank you for the quick reply. I think your suggestion helped me progress with my problem.  The extent of my DEM was larger than the other input files.  I reran with a smaller clip of the DEM and now have an output file.  I am looking more closely to see how the output DEM turned out. It is not quite how I would expect.  Does the input vector roads file need to be a continuous road network?
It is good to know about the WhiteBoxToolsRunner.  It looks like that would allow a method to run the tools in mybinder. Is that correct?
-Dianne

Message has been deleted

Qiusheng Wu

May 7, 2021, 2:41:19 PM5/7/21
to WhiteboxTools
Take a look at whiteboxgui, which is designed for running WBT with Jupyter and Colab.

https://github.com/giswqs/whiteboxgui

Dianne Brien

May 7, 2021, 5:26:30 PM5/7/21
to WhiteboxTools
Thanks for the link to whiteboxgui.  Are there any example files to demonstrate the ideal way to express the input layers for Burn stream at roads.  In general, the tool is working as intended and has potential to provide what I am looking for.  The difficulty is how to express the input layers if the drainage network that I have follows the road.  See attached - blue is my current drainage network and black line is the road.  My desire is to eliminate the section of the drainage network where the road and drainage coincide.
-Dianne