problem linking QGIS plugin to exectuable

Will

Jun 5, 2021, 6:01:48 PM6/5/21
to WhiteboxTools

Hello,

I installed the QGIS plugin per website instructions:

and cloned the github repo:

However, when I get to Step 6 of the instructions, I get different options without ability to specify an executable.  My screen grab follows:

   QGIS_Whitebox_ScreenCapture.JPG

I'm running QGIS 3.16.6 on a Windows 7 Pro x64 machine.

Cheers for any guidance.
Will

PS. Very happy to see Whitebox Tools getting more recognition and nice website upgrade since I checked-in last year. Congratulations!

Qiusheng Wu

Jun 6, 2021, 12:44:15 PM6/6/21
to WhiteboxTools
You can copy and paste the WBT binary file path (add *.exe if you are on Windows) to the executable input box. See the screenshot below.

WBT_QGIS.png

Qiusheng Wu

Jun 6, 2021, 1:10:31 PM6/6/21
to WhiteboxTools
I forgot to mention: you need to download the WBT binary from https://www.whiteboxgeo.com/download-whiteboxtools. The WBT GitHub repository only contains the source code for the latest version.

Whitebox Geospatial

Jun 7, 2021, 11:29:18 AM6/7/21
to WhiteboxTools
Hi Will,

Thank you for your question and for your kind words about our software/new website, it is greatly appreciated!

The helpful information that Qiusheng provided is correct! You have to copy and paste the WBT binary file path (add *.exe if you are on Windows) to the executable input box. Be sure after you copy and paste it, to off click from the input box so it accepts the changes.

Best ,
The Whitebox Geospatial Team