Public Calendar

Gratefully Yours

Feb 19, 2024, 2:23:37 PMFeb 19
to WheresTheGig
I feel like I am not understanding this? I've looked as best i can through all the info on it I can find. But is this actually a public calendar or the ability to export in html for a website?

Personally I would love this to be an actual public page in WheresTheGig.  I'm sorry I just don't know how to use it. I can see it being an adjunct to the actual calendar in our website, but really only because it is always way more up to date than the website getting updated.

Gratefully Yours

Feb 19, 2024, 2:28:06 PMFeb 19
to WheresTheGig
Sorry I guess I have figured it out and found my address for the page

Gratefully Yours

Feb 19, 2024, 2:34:41 PMFeb 19
to WheresTheGig
Any chance the public calendar url could be shortened to something simple and intuitive?   www.wheresthegig.com calendar/band name? Sorry I know nothing of this sort of programming.

Ethan Brown

Feb 19, 2024, 2:53:22 PMFeb 19
to Gratefully Yours, WheresTheGig
No problem.  Actually, it's not that long.  For example, here's mine: https://wheresthegig.com/perl/gig_calendar.pl?account=ethan.
In addition, there are options to style your public pages so they match your website's.  For tighter integration, you can use an <IFRAME> tag to have the content appear directly in one of your band's webpages, instead of appearing to be a page from WheresTheGig.  I've been meaning to put out an example of this.

Gratefully Yours

Mar 7, 2024, 5:34:34 PMMar 7
to WheresTheGig
Sorry I thought I replied to this but not seeing it. I actually do not want to use the public calendar to insert into our webpage as we have a pretty cool calendar on our page. However it sometimes lags to get updated and where i can see the facility of using the Public Calendar for exactly that reason.. but I would prefer to use the link itself to give advertise and give to people and hardcore fans and if they choose they can get the calendar that way, basically as the band gets it. If that makes sense.  So having a short intuitive address to give then would be cool.. like www.wheresthegig/band namecalendar

Ethan Brown

Mar 7, 2024, 6:06:37 PMMar 7
to Gratefully Yours, WheresTheGig
How about just putting a link on your webpage?  Like "Click here for our most up-to-date schedule".

Ethan Brown

Mar 7, 2024, 6:07:59 PMMar 7
to Gratefully Yours, WheresTheGig
Actually, if you want to just give them a simple link, make a link to a page on your website that just does a redirect to the WheresTheGig page.  This might be the best solution.

Austin Bunn

Mar 7, 2024, 6:27:50 PMMar 7
to Ethan Brown, Gratefully Yours, WheresTheGig
Maybe I am reading this all wrong, but if you are just putting a link on your website and you want it to look cleaner then you can simply change how that hyperlink reads.  I use a PC and I just simply right click the url address and click on "edit hyperlink" then in the edit box I change the name in the "Text to display" section at the top.  You can title the link whatever you want.

Ethan Brown

Mar 7, 2024, 7:30:24 PMMar 7
to Austin Bunn, Gratefully Yours, WheresTheGig
Hi Austin.  I think Grateful wants a simple link they can give to their fans, and they don't like the CGI parameters that the WheresTheGig link has in it.  So they can give them a link that looks like:
or something like that.   The page at wtg is just a redirect to the WheresTheGig public calendar page.

Gratefully Yours

Mar 11, 2024, 3:14:43 PMMar 11
to WheresTheGig
Yeah sorry to make this a bigger deal than it deserves. But yes you are right Ethan and your solutions makes sense.  Thanks

Ethan Brown

Mar 11, 2024, 3:17:35 PMMar 11
to Gratefully Yours, WheresTheGig
Awesome!  And I really do like to provide assistance with this stuff, so don't worry about it.

--Ethan