Google sync issue

pianochris6

Jul 5, 2023, 1:12:36 PM7/5/23
to WheresTheGig
Hey WTG folks!

I'm noticing that I can no longer sync my WTG dates into my Google calendar. I'm now receiving a message indicating the "app is blocked." I can't seem to find a way to "allow" WTG to access my Google account, other than how it's currently set up. Currently, my Google account is set up to allow WTG access...yet it's behaving as if that is not the case.

Any advice on how to fix this?

Thank you!
Chris

Ethan Brown

Jul 5, 2023, 3:06:06 PM7/5/23
to pianochris6, WheresTheGig
Hi Chris--

Mac users have reported this condition.  I have upgraded the Google Sync process to use their newest API, and am working through their app validation process.  Your browser is likely blocking the app because it is not yet verified.  In the meantime you can use the ICal sync method, where Google automatically draws your information from WheresTheGig a few times per hour.  You can follow the example in this screencast, and then revert back to the sync method once the verification is complete.

--Ethan

Crystal Image ATX

Jul 5, 2023, 4:45:50 PM7/5/23
to Ethan Brown, pianochris6, WheresTheGig
Experiencing the same issue.  Windows 10.  Tried Edge and Chrome browsers.  Disconnected my existing Google Calendar connection and re-established a new connection.  Getting this:
image.png

Ethan Brown

Jul 5, 2023, 4:50:59 PM7/5/23
to Crystal Image ATX, pianochris6, WheresTheGig
Thanks for sending that, Crystal Image.   This problem has a different cause.  I'll investigate.

--Ethan

Ethan Brown

Jul 5, 2023, 6:37:24 PM7/5/23
to Crystal Image ATX, pianochris6, WheresTheGig
Hi Crystal Image.  I'm not able to reproduce the problem.  Can you please tell me the steps you're taking where you receive the error?

Thanks,

--Ethan

Ethan Brown

Jul 7, 2023, 12:45:12 AM7/7/23
to Crystal Image ATX, pianochris6, WheresTheGig
Hi Crystal Image--

Just following up.  Still seeing the problem syncing to Google?

--Ethan

Crystal Image ATX

Jul 8, 2023, 12:26:06 AM7/8/23
to Ethan Brown, pianochris6, WheresTheGig
It's still not working for me.  Tried several browsers, and tried another computer.  Same error message.  If you can't duplicate, it must ber something on my network.  I'll test at work.

Thanks,

Ben

Ethan Brown

Aug 10, 2023, 10:18:46 AM8/10/23
to pianochris6, WheresTheGig
Hi Chris--

As mentioned previously, I've been working with Google to get the WheresTheGig app verified, and today they notified me that they have approved it.   Can you please give it a try and let me know how it goes?

Thanks,

--Ethan

Christopher Scialfa

Aug 12, 2023, 12:02:34 PM8/12/23
to Ethan Brown, WheresTheGig
Hi Ethan,

Thank you for checking in on this, it's much appreciated. It appears to be working now, however I did get an error message upon the first try (image attached). I tried it a second time and it did in fact work, so currently it appears fixed. I'll keep you posted should I have issues with a sync in the future.

Thanks again, and have a great weekend!
Chris

Screenshot 2023-08-12 at 11.58.24 AM.png

Ethan Brown

Aug 12, 2023, 9:44:27 PM8/12/23
to Christopher Scialfa, WheresTheGig
That's great!  Other users reported the Ajax issue, but when they restarted it went away.  Could be a stale cache issue.