coffee then train ride anyone?

Glenn the GISuser

Aug 13, 2009, 12:51:19 PM8/13/09
to WhereCamp5280
Hi whereCampers...

Like some of you, I'm not too familiar with the U Denver area so I may
decide to simply park downtown near LODO - for the most part, parking
in town is relatively cheap (as little as $5 per day!)

I'm coming down from Fort Collins and will likely come quite early to
avoid the I-25 parking lot in the AM. I'm gonna park around 18th and
Stout somewhere then go grab coffee and some eats at around 7 or so.

I'll then test out the public transit and ride the LRT to the Uni...
anyone else interested in connecting downtown for some Java in the AM
and making the trek to the venue feel free to ping me on twitter
@gletham or you can TXT me 970-690-3417 - glad to connect with you and
share the ride over to U Denver.

Cheers
Glenn
edi...@gisuser.com
@gletham

thanks for the travel tips Peter et al!

Dylan Hettinger

Aug 13, 2009, 1:31:33 PM8/13/09
to wherec...@googlegroups.com
Hey Glenn,

You might consider saving your 5 bucks and park at one of the light rail stations south of downtown- like the Alameda station or the I25/Broadway station. Free parking, and you're just a couple stops from DU. There's a Starbucks or 2 within walking distance from either of those stations, and a few local places (Stella's at Pearl/Florida, Cafe Europa a little north on Pennsylvania and Bayaud) nearby.

You're on your own with the traffic, though- I'll be pedaling the 2 miles from Wash Park! ;)

dylan

Jonathan Harahush

Aug 13, 2009, 5:17:55 PM8/13/09
to wherec...@googlegroups.com
I think people from outside of the RTD district have to pay to park at the light rail stations now, so depending on the station, the cost could be anywhere from $2-$4/day.  Some of the stations still offer free parking, but I don't think any of the stations near DU are free.

http://www.rtd-denver.com/HowToPark.shtml

Jonathan

Dylan Hettinger

Aug 13, 2009, 5:33:45 PM8/13/09
to wherec...@googlegroups.com
Looks like you're right, still cheap and close, but not free. Sorry!

dylan