Propose WhereCamp SoCal 2013 sessions now!

Rhonda Glennon

Jul 2, 2013, 2:26:28 PM7/2/13
to whereca...@googlegroups.com
We now have a detailed schedule on the http://www.wherecampsocal.org/
website. It's set up as a wiki, so you can propose sessions and
lightning talks ahead of time.

Here's how:

1) Go here: https://sites.google.com/a/wherecampsocal.org/organize/.
(Instructions are also on left sidebar under Editing the Page.)
2) Click the Sign in button at the bottom of the page.
3) Log in to the account associated with the wherecamp-socal Google
Group. Only members can edit the page.
4) Click the Edit page button at the top right.
5) Add your proposed session or lightning talk to the list.
6) Save your edits with the Save button at the top right.

Please update the page so we can continue to generate interest for this event!

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Rhonda Glennon <rhonda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Reminder - WhereCampSoCal2013 is approaching!
>
> The schedule is looking like:
> Friday, July 12: 4 pm to 8 pm - lightning talks or workshops
> Saturday, July 13: 9 am to 5 pm - unconference sessions
>
> Anyone want to present either a lightning talk or workshop session on Friday?
>
> We still need sponsors to cover food and venue facility rental costs.
> Let me know if your organization can help!
>
> Register:
> http://wherecampsocal2013.eventbrite.com/
>
> Website:
> http://www.wherecampsocal.org/
>
> Venue:
> San Diego State University
> Geography Building
> 5500 Campanile Drive
> San Diego, CA 92182-4493

Alan Glennon

Jul 2, 2013, 2:53:09 PM7/2/13
to whereca...@googlegroups.com
If you can do a lightning talk, post here on the Group or edit the
Schedule wiki.

I'll send an email to the Eventbrite registrants within the next day
soliciting lightning talk speakers. It'd be nice to have a lineup of
ten talks. We have several volunteers already -- Ed Pultar, Ming, Jeff
J, and me.

Alan

Alan Glennon

Jul 5, 2013, 5:44:16 PM7/5/13
to whereca...@googlegroups.com

Here's the message I just sent out to registrants...

WhereCampSoCal is a week away, and it's excellent that you are coming!

A few things:

(1) You can find a map to the venue and room at wherecampsocal.org (SDSU North Education Building, Room 60). We do not have any special parking arranged; http://police.sdsu.edu/parkinginfo.htm

(2) The schedule is up on the website. Others are starting to propose sessions and talks. You can too. WhereCamp launches at 4PM on Friday (7/12) and 9:30AM on Saturday (7/13).

(3) Consider giving a five-minute lightning talk on Friday night. Add it to the schedule or send a note to: gle...@wherecampsocal.org. We have five so far, and it'd be nice to have about five more.

(4) Find a flyer for the event at: http://arogi.com/wherecampsocalflyer.pdf. Please get it to your friends that might be interested.

(5) Thanks to our sponsors Esri, OpenGeo, and SDSU Geography for their support.

Great!
Alan Glennon