Re: WhereCamp SoCal

Edward O'Connor

Apr 29, 2010, 11:59:10 AM4/29/10
to whereca...@googlegroups.com
Jeffrey wrote:

> Currently looking for space at UCSD, SDSU or UCI. Hoping to work out
> the CALIT2 space at UCSD and get a demo of the GeoWall

Yeah, Calit2 was my first thought when mulling over a possible WhereCamp
venue. The guy to talk to there is Jerry Sheehan (jerry at ucsd dot edu).
They've hosted tech events along these lines in the past, most notably
MerbCamp.

Dan replied:

> You might want to ping the spacecamp folks - I think they did their
> meetup in the airplane museum in balboa park (though I could be
> wrong..) - I think they might be able to lend a hand!

Yes, we held SpaceUp at the San Diego Air & Space Museum. It was great
given the aerospace theme of our event, but a combination of rain and
air traffic made the central pavillion very loud for most of the day.

Ted