Is whenever dead?

ran...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2015, 1:33:04 PM9/2/15
to Whenever Gem
Greetings,

Would be bad to see that gem dying.
Anyone has news?

Cheers

Javan Makhmali

Sep 2, 2015, 1:50:03 PM9/2/15
to Whenever Gem
It still writes crontab files last I checked. ;)

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whenever Gem" group.

Benjamin Bouchet

Sep 2, 2015, 1:51:47 PM9/2/15
to whenev...@googlegroups.com
So there's hope :)

Though I see no maintainer activity on the repo since February
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Whenever Gem" group.

Javan Makhmali

Sep 2, 2015, 2:39:55 PM9/2/15
to whenev...@googlegroups.com
It's true I haven't been actively maintaining Whenever. In part it's because I'm not actively using it. I regularly glance at the issues and get the sense that most stem from people's unfamiliarity with their environment and the differences between it and the one cron runa in. Sure, it would be great if Whenever could smooth these over, but that was really never its intention. The cron syntax is tricky and Whenever provides a better one.

Please do list the most pressing issues / bugs and I'll try to address them.

Benjamin Bouchet

Sep 2, 2015, 4:22:32 PM9/2/15
to whenev...@googlegroups.com
So you are the maintainer. Good to see you are still roaming around.
No pressing matter, as far as I'm concerned.