Williamsport, Impromptu canal ride to see the bluebells, Sunday April 7 10:30 a.m.

Jason croasdale

Apr 1, 2024, 11:56:42 AMApr 1
to whee...@googlegroups.com

Good morning !

on Sunday Lisa and I are planning a 90 minute to  two hour excursion up and down the canal from Dam 4.

 This will be an all pace ride , our objective is  to enjoy nature and have fellowship.

Please let us know if you plan to attend.

Yours Truly,

Jason Croasdale

Andrea Cosans

Apr 1, 2024, 2:37:59 PMApr 1
to whee...@googlegroups.com
Wish we could go but we are out of town
Sent from my iPhone

s miro

Apr 1, 2024, 4:43:18 PMApr 1
to whee...@googlegroups.com
hey Jason!
Excuse my ignorance... is this a gravel ride, or is it paved?
Or can it be ridden with a road (non-gravel) bike?

Thx

Jason croasdale

Apr 1, 2024, 5:06:12 PMApr 1
to whee...@googlegroups.com

hi Santiago

Yes, it is technically rideable on a road bike, we won’t be going fast or far.

I’ve ridden 38 miles on a smoother section further just south .

This area is picturesque and unique, which is why I think it would be good for a casual shorter ride.

I wouldn’t recommend tires narrower than 28 mm.  Or high inflation pressures.

Lisa and I will ride cyclocross bikes on 38mm specialized pathfinder tires.

Yours Truly,

Jason Croasdale

On Apr 1, 2024, at 4:43 PM, 's miro' via Winchester Wheelmen <whee...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wheelmen/1558470505.2451047.1712004189217%40mail.yahoo.com.
<AF1QipOFNzpvH8QeU3sqkk8RHXUrUFM7sTEg9bPiD4V2=w900-h900-k-no-p.jpeg>

Michael Konopa

Apr 1, 2024, 5:09:23 PMApr 1
to whee...@googlegroups.com

Niki Adhikusuma

Apr 1, 2024, 5:56:15 PMApr 1
to whee...@googlegroups.com
what time the ride?
I am interested. Thank you

Niki

Barbara Weber

Apr 6, 2024, 4:13:17 PMApr 6
to whee...@googlegroups.com
Mike and I are planning to ride with you all tomorrow morning.  See you then!

Chris MASSONNEAU

Apr 6, 2024, 4:20:26 PMApr 6
to whee...@googlegroups.com
Chris Massonneau plans on attending.