Sunday, 06 Nov 2022 - Girls on the Run of the Shenandoah Valley

K Tenney

Nov 4, 2022, 7:32:37 PM11/4/22
to Winchester Wheelmen, Annoica Ingram
We received a request from the Executive Director of Girls on the Run of SV, Annoica Ingram, for some help on Sunday's event.  (See down-thread.)

Need:
  • 3 bicycle riders for front of race (escort)
  • 3 bicycle riders for rear (closure)
  • 4 course marshals
The race is at 1:00 PM, Sunday, 06 Nov 2022.

If you can help by leading or following or as a course marshal, please reply to this message on the WW Google Group or DM me at 540 664 8435 (M).

A 5k doesn't take that long to run, so this is not a day's investment in time.  Let's see if we can cover their need.  It should be easy!

Thanks,

Ken Tenney for Winchester Wheelmen

I am reaching out to you today to see if any of your members would be interested in participating in our 5K as volunteers.   We were hoping a few of your members lead the 5K and a few members to follow the end of our 5K on bikes.  I have attached our race day course.  The participants use a mix of park roads and city streets.

Our program works with girls in 3-8 grade.  During our 10 week program we help girls learn to be good friends, choose good friends, make healthy choices, conflict resolution and so much more while training to complete a 5K at the end of the season.  This year we will have 195 girls completing the 5K on November 6 at Jim Barnett Park.  Each girl has a running buddy to cheer them on during the event as well as to keep them safe.  We expect to have around 450 to 500 participants.

For more information about our 5K please visit our website: https://www.girlsontherunsv.org/5k

Thank you for your consideration,

Annoica

annoica ingram, mba | executive director
girls on the run shenandoah valley | 420 glen lea court, winchester, va 22601

Girls on the Run is a physical activity-based, positive youth development program that uses fun running games and dynamic discussions to teach life skills to girls in 3rd to 8th grade. During the ten-week program, girls participate in lessons that foster confidence, build peer connections and encourage community service while they prepare for an end-of-season celebratory 5K event.

Follow us on:
Facebook @gotrshenandoahvalley
Instagram @gotr_shenandoahvalley

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is exempt from disclosure under law. It may be used only by the addressee and may not be divulged without the express consent of the sender. If you have received this message in error, please inform us promptly by reply e-mail, then delete the e-mail and destroy any printed copy.
Thank you.delete the e-

mail and destroy any printed copy. Than

Neil Crowe

Nov 5, 2022, 8:13:19 AM11/5/22
to Wheelman Listserve
If you need,  I can ride the front or rear.

Neil

K Tenney

Nov 5, 2022, 9:53:09 AM11/5/22
to whee...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neil,

The need is still present and your help is appreciated. I'll get you connected to Annoica.

Please, anyone else? All positions needed.

Thanks,

quinnellycindy

Nov 5, 2022, 10:10:16 AM11/5/22
to Winchester Wheelmen
Hello Ken,

I can help with this event.

Cindy

Neil Crowe

Nov 5, 2022, 1:09:34 PM11/5/22
to Wheelman Listserve
Great!  Or I can be a course marshal. I'll watch for communication...

K Tenney

Nov 5, 2022, 2:01:01 PM11/5/22
to whee...@googlegroups.com
To all Wheelmen,

We're set on volunteers for this Girls on the Run event tomorrow.  It ends up they needed 4 riders (2 to lead and 2 to follow).  The 4 volunteer riders are:
  • Neil Crowe
  • Cindy Quinnelly
  • Len Yang
  • Ken Tenney
Thanks for your consideration of the request for help.  The organizer had a bunch of other volunteers for course marshals last night, so that need is also satisfied.

Ken Tenney for Winchester Wheelmen