March-Only Tuesday Night BES Ride

K Tenney

Mar 11, 2024, 4:28:21 PMMar 11
to Winchester Wheelmen

March-Only Tuesday Night BES Ride

  • 12 Mar 2024
  • 26 Mar 2024
  • 3 sessions
  • 12 Mar 2024, 6:00 PM 7:20 PM (UTC-05:00)
  • 19 Mar 2024, 6:00 PM 7:20 PM (UTC-05:00)
  • 26 Mar 2024, 6:00 PM 7:20 PM (UTC-05:00)
  • 119 W Main St, Boyce, VA 22620

For those of us wage slaves who can't ride during the day, we will be riding from Boyce Elementary School this evening at 6:00 PM for an 18 mile ride for the last 3 weeks in March before flipping to the Food Lion/Shop 'n' Save plaza in Stephens City, VA.

Map of loop: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29519799

It will be dusk at the end of the ride, so please do bring lights for your bicycle.

Park in the lot across from the PO, not in front of the school (further to the west).

Please take the time to examine the loop.  It is not for everyone as it is hilly and demanding.  Ken Tenney will be leading each week, weather allowing.  Will go if not raining or snowing.

K Tenney

Mar 12, 2024, 2:10:56 PMMar 12
to 'K Tenney' via Winchester Wheelmen
I will be out for this ride tonight.  Anyone else out so I know to wait for someone or not?  My mobile number is 540 664 8435.

I'm looking to ride about 15mph or so, which given the terrain change, is a moderate pace.

Also, please be aware there is a lot of loose gravel on the hard surfaces right now.  I won't be screaming down Tilthammer Mill Rd quite yet...

Thanks,

Ken T.

Kevin Williams

Mar 12, 2024, 2:27:34 PMMar 12
to whee...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken,

I will be riding tonight.  Thanks for posting.

Tilthammer had lots of loose gravel a couple of weeks ago when I last rode it, so everyone please be cautious on that descent.

Kind Regards,

Kevin Williams

K Tenney

Mar 19, 2024, 3:52:40 PMMar 19
to Winchester Wheelmen
Though not that warm, I will be out for this ride as planned.  Let me know if you plan to attend so I know who to wait for.  Prompt 6:00 PM push.  Pace will be about 15mph due to windy conditions.

Thanks,

Ken Tenney

Kevin Williams

Mar 19, 2024, 5:06:47 PMMar 19
to whee...@googlegroups.com
Ken,

I will be riding tonight.

Kevin Williams

Rigoberto Briones

Mar 19, 2024, 5:34:11 PMMar 19
to whee...@googlegroups.com
Hi I don’t go to ride,  am sick,  next week,  thanks.

K Tenney

Mar 26, 2024, 12:37:47 PMMar 26
to Winchester Wheelmen
Last night of BES ride is this evening.  It's been a fair bit colder for these March rides than in the last 5yrs, but it's still a good ride.  Into the wind to start the ride.  Let me know if you plan to attend.  6:00 PM push.

Thanks,

Ken Tenney

Josh Lewis

Mar 26, 2024, 12:49:45 PMMar 26