Covid

Leonard Yang

May 19, 2022, 9:24:04 PM5/19/22
to wheelmen, Winchester Wheelmen
Hi sent this email to the googlegroup last night from my gmail account but didn't see it posted so I will resend on my Comcast email.

Greetings,

I regret to inform you that I did a self-test for Covid a little while ago (last night)  that is positive. I think the risk for those at the Wheelmen meeting Tuesday night is minimal since we were outside. I have had the sniffles and scratchy throat since my trip from Peoria, IL on Sunday but I thought it was allergies as this season has been bad for that and I haven’t felt sick. I biked 60 miles Tuesday before the meeting including Boyd’s Gap. I felt a little achy but did yard work on Wednesday. Janet suggested that I take a test (she was backed up by my PA student daughter) and bingo: pink and blue lines indicated positive. During my travels I am often one of the only persons wearing a KN95 mask in stores or at my mother’s award venue (packed with nursing graduates and their families) but I took it off while I ate in restaurants twice with family. I did work out in a gym with only 2 other patrons on the other side of the room on Saturday.
The Covid is real and infected yours truly despite being vaxxed and boosted twice but I haven’t gotten many symptoms, unlike my brother who is still very fatigued.If you have symptoms, get tested and if positive and you are in a high-risk category (chronic illness diabetes, COPD, Heart problems, age >65, etc) and within 5 days of symptom onset, consider taking oral Paxlovid that your doctor can order. This is 3 pills (2 of one kind and 1 of another), twice a day. Merck has  a 4 pill oral medication twice a day molnupiravir with similar indications but was less effective in their studies than Paxllovid.
Len

Andrea Cosans

May 19, 2022, 9:30:59 PM5/19/22
to whee...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Len. Feel better soon

Sent from my iPhone

Janet Keim Luppino

May 19, 2022, 9:35:51 PM5/19/22
to whee...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to hear that you got it Lynn! I sure am glad that it is mild. But it just goes to show you would still around and it’s still spreading so easily!
I hope you feel better soon!

Janet Keim Luppino

May 19, 2022, 10:16:01 PM5/19/22
to whee...@googlegroups.com
That was talk to text. Sorry Len!

brenda young

May 19, 2022, 11:07:02 PM5/19/22
to whee...@googlegroups.com
I’m so sorry Len.

It is real and has no prejudice. Feel better soon my friend.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 19, 2022, at 9:31 PM, 'Andrea Cosans' via Winchester Wheelmen <whee...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 Thanks Len. Feel better soon

Neil Crowe

May 19, 2022, 11:17:19 PM5/19/22
to Wheelman Listserve, Winchester Wheelmen
I hope you are completely recovered soon!  Given that you don't feel that bad,  are you sure you didn't accidently do a pregnancy test?

😁

Thanks for letting us know.

Neil

Roger Kalin

May 20, 2022, 6:39:19 AM5/20/22
to wheelmen, Winchester Wheelmen
Get well soon, Len, and thanks for letting us know. I'm glad to hear you're not feeling too bad.

Roger

Bruce Taylor

May 20, 2022, 10:32:39 AM5/20/22
to whee...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to hear that Len. Get better soon, we have a lot of riding to do . Bruce

Sent from my BATPHONE

On May 19, 2022, at 9:24 PM, Leonard Yang <len...@comcast.net> wrote:

Santiago Miro

May 21, 2022, 11:37:11 AM5/21/22
to whee...@googlegroups.com, Winchester Wheelmen
Shucks...
Get better soon, with no Long Covid...

Sent from my iPhone

On May 19, 2022, at 21:24, Leonard Yang <len...@comcast.net> wrote:

Ray Legge

May 22, 2022, 6:35:13 PM5/22/22
to whee...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the notice. I hope you feel better soon.

Ray

Sent from my snazzy iPhone

On May 21, 2022, at 11:37 AM, 'Santiago Miro' via Winchester Wheelmen <whee...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Shucks...

Bruce Taylor

May 22, 2022, 8:03:35 PM5/22/22
to whee...@googlegroups.com
Ray I have several interested persons but no sale as yet did you want to see them first. Let me know and I can meet with you.
Bruce

Sent from my BATPHONE

On May 22, 2022, at 6:35 PM, Ray Legge <rayl...@powhatanschool.org> wrote:

Thanks for the notice. I hope you feel better soon.

Ray Legge

May 23, 2022, 8:02:12 AM5/23/22
to whee...@googlegroups.com
I’d love to see them and talk with you about them. Can you send a cell number? Thanks,

Ray

Sent from my snazzy iPhone

On May 22, 2022, at 8:03 PM, 'Bruce Taylor' via Winchester Wheelmen <whee...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Ray I have several interested persons but no sale as yet did you want to see them first. Let me know and I can meet with you.

Bruce Taylor

May 23, 2022, 8:40:54 AM5/23/22
to whee...@googlegroups.com

TJ Virginia13

May 23, 2022, 7:44:10 PM5/23/22
to whee...@googlegroups.com
Dear Len,

I am sorry to hear you have COVID!  I hope you are on the mend and feeling better each day.  You have been such a champion of protecting the community including the Wheelmen!

Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Best,
Tracy

s miro

May 23, 2022, 11:26:48 PM5/23/22
to whee...@googlegroups.com
Just to reiterate... I was interested in the bike and wheels

Bruce Taylor

May 24, 2022, 5:51:16 AM5/24/22
to whee...@googlegroups.com
Santiago ,
Yes Sir you are first on the list of interested buyers. Talk to you this morning around 10 am . Again thanks for your interest.

Bruce
Sent from my BATPHONE

s miro

May 24, 2022, 12:16:49 PM5/24/22
to 'Bruce Taylor' via Winchester Wheelmen
Thx

I sent you a text to the number you called me from.