24 Nov : Invite for Sornammal Day

Karishma Pais

Nov 23, 2007, 7:34:47 AM11/23/07
to whazzup...@googlegroups.com
I have pleasure in inviting you for our Sornammal Day - Ezhuchi Virudhu 2007
program to be held on Saturday, 24 Nov 07. Program details are given below:

Venue:
Tamil Nadu Basket Ball Association (J.J. Stadium)
Playground Street, Kilpauk Garden, Chennai 10.
(New Avadi road - Opp. to Krishna Bhavan hotel)

Programme:
2.00pm : Inauguration of Exhibition (Products of SHGs)
3.00pm to 4.00pm : Cultural/Comedy Show
4.00pm to 6.00pm : Award Ceremony

Chief Guest
Dr. B. Sivanthi Adityan
Chairman, Daily Thanthi Group of Publications

Guests of Honor
Mr. Prakashraj
Actor, Writer and Producer

Mr. A. Subramanian
Executive Director
Indian Bank, Head Office, Chennai

Ms. V. Vanitha, I.P.S
Principal - Police Training College, Chennai &
Member - Tamil Nadu State Commission for Women

-------------------------------
About Sornammal Day:

Sornammal Educational Trust celebrates its annual day every year in the
month of November in memory of my grandmother Mrs. Sornammal, after whom the
trust was named.

Awards:
Sornammal Ezhuchi Virudhu: The Award will be given to 30 best performing
Self Help Groups (functioning in 10 Zones of Chennai) that have exhibited
frugal economic management, developed micro enterprise that has helped its
members come out of poverty and also contributed significantly to the growth
of the community at large.

Sornammal Special Award: The Award will be given to 10 best Self Help Groups
(SHGs) among 550 groups formed and promoted by Sornammal Educational Trust.

I look forward to your presence, support and wishes.

Best regards
Rajan