WIT 1.8.0 launched: 10x number of datapoints and more!

James Wexler

Jan 20, 2021, 11:59:25 AM1/20/21
to What-If Tool

The What-If Tool
v 1.8.0

The What-If Tool 🔗 version 1.8.0 has been released as new versions of all available pip packages (witwidget and tensorboard-plugin-wit), and the release notes 🔗 have been updated.

✨ New Features

  • WIT can now handle 10x the number of datapoints:
    Up to hundreds of thousands of datapoints for simple tabular datasets.

  • Support for witwidget in JupyterLab version 2.x

  • New rules for loading datasets into WIT in TensorBoard:
    As of version 1.8, by default WIT can load only data from under the TensorBoard logdir path. An additional path to load data into WIT can be specified by the --whatif-data-dir TensorBoard runtime flag.

🌱 New Tutorials

Along with those changes, we have created new tutorials to unpack some of our more advanced features, available on the whatif-tool.dev website ↗. Learn how to visualize partial dependence plots ↗, use custom prediction functions ↗, and explore attributions ↗ in WIT. Want to see tutorials on specific topics? Want to feature your use case on the website? Get in touch by replying to this message!

We're also excited to bring to you the Language Interpretability Tool ↗, to interactively analyze and debug language models. We hope that you're as excited about these improvements as we are!

Please reach out with any questions.
Thanks!

The What-If Tool Team

Love using the What If Tool?
Spread the love on social media using #WhatIfTool.

Nitin Pasumarthy

Jan 25, 2021, 8:53:02 AM1/25/21
to What-If Tool
10x increase is amazing! Is there a blog post to learn how this scaling was achieved?