Family Tree Maker 2008

sammers

Jul 1, 2010, 1:41:55 PM7/1/10
to Womack Genealogy Discussion
Had a crash on my desktop - the harddrive cannot be recovered. Lost a
lot of info that shouod have been backed up on a disc as of Jun 24 -
Unfortunately the last one I have was Jun 10.
Howefver, cannot load that until I get a copy of 2008 somewhere.

The crash also confused a dvd/cd recorder that will no longerrecord
since it wasnt properly detached from the main computer. Luckily I was
able to copy the backup from the disc to an external hard drive; but
not the actual genealogy program. SoI have my info thru Jun 10.
Just about 50-76 hours lost!!

Is anyone willing to dupe their copy and sent me one.. will pay for
disc, postage and time..

One thing I can say - dont buy Dell! There was no reason this one
should have crashed.

sammers

Jul 3, 2010, 4:19:39 PM7/3/10
to Womack Genealogy Discussion
Forget the request - bought 2010 - appears to be a pretty good program
once you get used to it, I was able, somehow, to create a GEDCOM of
the file on the problem computer. and, wonders of wonders, got it
recorded on a CD and was able to incorporate it into 2010.