Juanita WOMACK d/o James Benjamin WOMACK (1894-1980) Emanuel County, Georgia

SparkMan

Mar 28, 2014, 1:22:51 PM3/28/14
to wgn-d...@googlegroups.com
I just came across the above information while trying to resolve living individuals attributed to her marriage with Lloyd Carlton COWART. I have no other information on Lloyd other than an apporoximate YOB before 1918 that I estimated because of Juanita's birthdate of 3 May 1918.

I am particularly interested in the COWART name as I have a BATES family researcher whose mother was a BATES from the Georgia/Alabama area, she was born in Alabama and presently lives in Georgia.

Does anyone have information on the above individuals?

Sparkgapper

p.s. I also have other WOMACK names in my database but have not researched them at this time.

Don Womack

May 1, 2014, 5:16:52 PM5/1/14
to wgn-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,  Don't often use Google so I'm remiss in my response.  I do not have a James B. or Jaunita in my data.  If you will send me the other Womack names I may be able to help.

William G. Bates

May 1, 2014, 9:12:40 PM5/1/14
to wgn-d...@googlegroups.com
Attached is an Xcel spreadsheet containing the WOMACK information from GEDitCOM II application. I have not researched these families and all of these names, plus the ones listed as Living, are from some old GEDCOM files of BATES Spousal files that were merged into my primary database (107840 individuals, almost 200000 records), most over ten years ago. Incidentally, a WOMACK family was the first to post part of my BATES family on Ancestry and in the Family History Library.

Texas Bill (my family research handle, live in El Paso, Tx but born in Eustis, Fl)
Womack Index Names.xls

Rita Guzzo

May 9, 2014, 10:22:29 AM5/9/14
to wgn-d...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I'm looking for Parmelia WOMACK b. abt. 1829 in Indiana, d. 24 Aug 1909 in Ottawa, Franklin, KS.  I need the names of her parents.  She married Anson HARFORD (Hartford) 3 Jun 1846 in Shelby County, Indiana.  He was b, abt. 1825 in Indiana, d. 5 Jul 1874 in Ottawa, Franklin, KS.

Ch:         James William Harford 1848-1918 *

               Hannah b. abt. 1850

               Clara b. abt. 1851

               Joel b. abt. 1854

               Malinda b. abt. 1856

               Daniel S. b. abt. 1858

               George b. abt. 1861

               Galen b. abt. 1867

               Matilda b. abt. 1869

Would you please check your database to see if Parmelia is there?

Thanks,

Rita

Don Womack

May 9, 2014, 6:03:46 PM5/9/14
to wgn-d...@googlegroups.com
I have a Parmelia born in 1822 to Col Abner Pryor and Celia Ann Herren but I have no further information and even this is not documented.  I picked it up somewhere.  The family, however, was located in Louisana so this may not be her.  Sorry can't be of more help.  Good luck.  Really hard to trace females in that period unless you can find a will.
Don

REB

Aug 13, 2014, 12:56:02 AM8/13/14
to wgn-d...@googlegroups.com, rita.g...@verizon.net
Parmelia's parents were John D Womack and his first wife, Matilda Turpin.  John D Womack was in the 1850 Census of Jackson County, Indiana.

John D. Womack's parents were Jesse Womack Jr and Hannah Blacklidge, who were both alive for the 1850 Census, and living with their son Aaron H Womack in Shelby County, Indiana.

Jesse Womack Jr was the son of Jesse Womack Sr and Sarah Daniel, who married in Bedford Co, VA.  This is a fairly well-known line,

REB

Aug 13, 2014, 1:10:33 AM8/13/14
to wgn-d...@googlegroups.com
James Benjamin Womack was the son of James Madison Womack and Edna Bunn.
James Madison Womack was the son of Thomas Han Womack and Rebecca Lewis
Thomas Han Womack was the son of Thomas Womack and Eleanor Jones
Thomas Womack was the son of William Womack and Elizabeth Shuman
William Womack was the son of Frederick Womack and Lucia Thrower