#WGARcompilation: #UtiPossidetisJuris: Why we need to #StandTogether | FB: #ThinkingSovereignty | FB Vimeo: #JessicaSavage | #ThisWGARnews of #4thSept2020 ft #Decolonisation #Decolonise #DecoloniseTheMind, #InUnityAndSolidarity with #SovereignUnion

WGAR News

Sep 3, 2020, 5:47:08 PM9/3/20
to WGAR News Public Google Group

image.png

ThisWGARnews of Fr4thSept2020

Blog: #DecoloniseTheMind "Aboriginal Sovereignty movement in Australia, trying to understand and to share ideas on how to escape the Matrix of colonialism." decolonisethemind.wordpress.com
Author: Jessica Savage "I am a Kalkatungu woman with South Sea Islander (Ambae) and Irish ancestry, grew up in NQ, living in Europe. A lifelong learner and seeker, keen traveller with a mind addicted to making sense of the world. Blog content is opinion only, I have no formal legal background." Read all of Jessica's postsdecolonisethemind.wordpress.com/author/sovereignty2020/

ThisWGARnews of Fr4thSept2020 #WGARcompilation #WGARenewsletter

See my Facebook page called "Thinking Sovereignty" where I cross-post this blog, have some videos and can be contacted. I also have a few videos on Vimeo. vimeo.com/user91910335 decolonisethemind.wordpress.com/author/sovereignty2020/

Uti possidetis juris: Why we need to stand together
August 26, 2020 ~ Jessica Savage
'Aboriginal law and custom is very strict on who has authority to speak for a group of people. One must have the correct authority, and can only speak with the explicit backing of those they speak for. An argument you will a lot from Aboriginal people is – “X doesn’t speak for me!”. It is a very ingrained principle. This contrasts with other cultures; and in my opinion – modern democracies could be improved by incorporating this element of strict accountability. Many unpopular and subsequently futile, protracted wars in recent history (Iraq, Afghanistan) would have never happened if this principle were followed by modern democracies. In this post I am going to try to find a point of harmony with this Aboriginal principle and with a conflict this principle may have with International law on decolonisation.' ...
Final word 'We need to be putting ideas on the table for discussion. We need to become familiar with International Law and with potential “gotchas” such as Uti possidetis juris. And we need to get our governance sorted and clearly asserted. We need to drive this. We need to stand together, even just for a single moment in time. If we don’t, we will be railroaded into a form of decolonisation that will destroy our identities. Most importantly; we need to have hope; to imagine, to visualise and to believe that it is possible to decolonise under our own terms. Visualising how things could play out is the first step to making something possible. I know that’s not easy to think of a positive future whilst on the ground having your guts kicked out. But you have to in order to survive.'
See the full article at  ...

ThisWGARnews of Fr4thSept2020 #WGARcompilation #WGARenewsletter

#TurnbullWasRight - The #ThirdChamber
ThisWGARnews of Fr4thSept2020 #WGARcompilation #WGARenewsletter

ThisWGARnews of Fr4thSept2020 #WGARcompilation #WGARenewsletter

ThisWGARnews of Fr4thSept2020 #WGARcompilation #WGARenewsletter

#WGAREditorialComment: OverThePastSeveralYears TwitterAccounts have Asked WhetherOrNot #WGARnews is run by an #AboriginalPerson.. #TeamWGAR seek to clarify matters.. We have a #WGAREditorialTeam that has expanded to seventy-five (75) members, - thirty-seven (37) are active via phone and/or email, & thirty-eight (38) are available via Twitter.. Altogether, half of our #WGAREditorialTeamMembers are #GrassRoots #Aboriginal and/or #TorresStraitIslander Persons.. The other half are #nonIndigenousPersons who have shown #StrongGrassRootsSolidarity with #AboriginalPeoplesRights.. Nine (9) of our #WGAREditorialTeamMembers are #CoreAndActive #WGARorganisers. This #CoreAndActive Team facilitate #GrassRootsAboriginalVoices & #Grassroots #VoicesInSolidarity with #AboriginalPeoplesRights via #WGARcompilations several times a week.. these #WGARenewsletters are posted on our #WGARnewsPublicGoogleGroup between six (6) and eight (8) times a fortnight.. Typically there is an average of seven (7) days a fortnight in which no #WGARcompilation is posted to our #WGARnewsPublicGoogleGroup.. groups.google.com/group/wgar-news