#28Sept2020 #WGARcompilation ft tweets articles by #GerryGeorgatos #JacyntaKrakouer #MeganKrakouer #NSPTRP + #AnnabelHennessy | #JM_Field #29Sept #BioSci_UniMelb | #LesterRigney #AARE #30Sept | #ABCIndigenous #IndependentAus

WGAR News

Sep 28, 2020, 8:57:44 AM9/28/20
to WGAR News Public Google Group

Homeless deaths, streets of Perth, story by @AnnabelHennessy
More than 30 deaths on Perth streets this year. MORE than 400 nationally. Nation shamed. Leading cause homeless street deaths are despair deaths, suicide. Reprehensibly, takes years to breakthrough unwanted truths.
Image

https://twitter.com/GerryGeorgatos/status/1307118990855200768?s=20

Indigenous PhD students, do u grapple with the tension of being both an employee & student of your institution? If so, what are the issues u experience? Trying 2 create an online space 2 support each other

The brilliant @JM_Field5! Tune in tomorrow to hear about Gamilaraay Kinship Dynamics and their mathematics! #BlackExcellence
Next up for our weekly #seminars:
Tune in at noon on Tuesday (29/9) to hear Dr Jared Field (@JM_Field) talk about traditional #Gamilaraay marriage rules & their effects on #genetics Hosted by @mickresearch #Indigenous #maths For more info & zoom link https://events.unimelb.edu.au/biosciences/event/7784-biosciences-seminar-dr-jared-field-gamilaraay

Get along to this seminar by Prof @LesterRigney he will inspire and provoke your thinking.
Thank you Prof for your intellectual labour and the shoulders your work gives me to stand. #aare #indigenousx
#AARE #SeminarSeries titled, Educating Aboriginal children after massacre: Adorno in Australia and the culturally responsive movement, presented by Prof @LesterRigney, 30 Sept 7:00pm AEST. To register: https://aare.edu.au/events/seminar-series/

Coffs Harbour students protest over teachers' 'racist' remarks - ABC News. Racism just never stops.
We never stop hearing that we’re inferior. But we still never back down and will always fight.
abc.net.au

  “Please don’t say my needs are complex. I only need a roof and a bed.”

Many faces #homelessness. #leavenoonebehind 51 yr old woman walked into my office. 13 yrs homeless.18 mths sleeping same park.
As child, placed at Perth's Sister Kate's orphanage; sexually abused, raped. Tried at school but always betrayal of Sister Kate's to call home.

15 people homeless died on Perth streets since July. 32 deaths of homeless persons on Perth streets, this year.
Suicides, despair deaths. Average age of deaths, 47 years. Society's sick heart.
Homeless person, "Please don't say my needs are complex, I only need a roof and a bed."

#NSPTRP #NationalSuicidePreventionTraumaRecoveryProject

#WGAREditorialComment: OverThePastManyYears TwitterAccounts have Asked WhetherOrNot #WGARnews is run by an #AboriginalPerson.. #TeamWGAR seek to clarify matters.. We have a #WGAREditorialTeam that has expanded to eighty-nine (89) members, - forty-four (44) are active via phone and/or email or rarely in person, & forty-five (45) are available via Twitter.. Altogether, half of our #WGAREditorialTeamMembers are #GrassRoots #Aboriginal and/or #TorresStraitIslander Persons.. The other half are #nonIndigenousPersons who have shown #StrongGrassRootsSolidarity with #AboriginalPeoplesRights.. Thirteen (13) of our #WGAREditorialTeamMembers are #CoreAndActive #WGARorganisers. This #CoreAndActive Team facilitate #GrassRootsAboriginalVoices & #Grassroots #VoicesInSolidarity with #AboriginalPeoplesRights via #WGARcompilations and/or Twitter several times a fortnight.. these #WGARenewsletters are posted on our #WGARnewsPublicGoogleGroup between six (6) and eight (8) times a fortnight.. Typically there is an average of seven (7) days a fortnight in which no #WGARcompilation is posted to our #WGARnewsPublicGoogleGroup.. groups.google.com/group/wgar-news
Our #WGAREditorialTeamMembers are located in Regional Rural villages or towns or cities or major cities acrossAustralia.. some travel from time to time (or even extensively) intrastate or interstate or overseas and some are located overseas.. #WGAREditorialTeam are diverse in background age ethnicity gender sexuality class ability... #WGAREdNote: Some of #WGAR's #CoreAndActive #WGARorganisers & Many #WGAREditorialTeamMembers are #GrassRoots #AboriginalElders.. or represent #GrassRootsOrgs led by #Elders | #AboutWGARnewsUpdateOf13thSeptember2020