#GerryGeorgatos2021tweets ft #ActToStopIndigenousSuicides #PreventTorresStraitIslanderSuicides #AboriginalYoungPeoplesLivesMatter #PreventAboriginalChildSuicides #CustodyNotificationSystem #RestorativeJustice #LynLinking '#WAGovtHasBetrayedItsHomeless' #HomelessPersonsLivesMatter #ENDpoverty #IslanderLivesMatter

WGAR News

Feb 5, 2021, 5:58:13 PM2/5/21
to WGAR News Public Google Group

The suicide rate in Australia is a humanitarian crisis that we can no longer ignore
Our capacity to listen is an imperative & must be achieved without judgment, for often redemption is needed: forgiveness in addition to sympathy, empathy.

The Custody Notification System saves Aboriginal lives. Why isn't it national?
All anti-discrimination, anti-racism and cross cultural training teaches us to recognise that every workplace is tainted by racism and discrimination...

We should weep, but more importantly we should act to stop Indigenous suicides
Understanding one another, understanding unfairness, helping one another, being there for one another are the most profound steps to suicide prevention.

People who don't live with poverty are happier...
Every person deserves that essential right NOT to live in poverty.
ENDING POVERTY is as biggest issue as #ClimateChange.
We NEED #FREEcommunityMONEY which would be debt-free to governments to provide essentials.

#IslanderLivesMatter #TorresStraitIslanderLivesMatter
They do talk but they need support, outreach services, pathways that improve their lot and that resource them...

I remember so many children who have taken their lives – it is a national abomination
I wailed on the inside as I stared at the graves. Weeks later the loss of two more young people would make it five graves in a row of youth unlived.

After a six-year-old attempted suicide I thought I wouldn't see that again. I was wrong
The youngest suicide I have responded to... is of a nine-year-old child.
The youngest attempted suicide I have responded to is of a six-year-old...

"People should not be in the streets homeless at a higher risk than everyone else."
"It is as if they are lepers, ostracised." "It is a humanity issue." Makes no sense.
canberratimes.com.au

WA Govt has betrayed its homeless
What happens if a street homeless soul contracts the UK strain?
The street homeless weather a lot of pain ailments & debilitation before they see a doctor, if at all
Image

#WGAREditorialComment: OverThePastManyYears TwitterAccounts have Asked WhetherOrNot #WGARnews is run by an #AboriginalPerson.. #TeamWGAR seek to clarify matters.. We have a #WGAREditorialTeam that has expanded to ninety-nine (99) members, - forty-nine (49) are active via phone and/or email or rarely in person, & fifty (50) are available via Twitter.. Altogether, half of our #WGAREditorialTeamMembers are #GrassRoots #Aboriginal and/or #TorresStraitIslander Persons.. The other half are #nonIndigenousPersons who have shown #StrongGrassRootsSolidarity with #AboriginalPeoplesRights.. Seventeen (17) of our #WGAREditorialTeamMembers are #CoreAndActive #WGARorganisers. This #CoreAndActive Team facilitate #GrassRootsAboriginalVoices & #Grassroots #VoicesInSolidarity with #AboriginalPeoplesRights via #WGARcompilations and/or Twitter several times a fortnight.. these #WGARenewsletters are posted on our #WGARnewsPublicGoogleGroup between six (6) and eight (8) times a fortnight.. Typically there is an average of seven (7) days a fortnight in which no #WGARcompilation is posted to our #WGARnewsPublicGoogleGroup.. groups.google.com/group/wgar-news
Our #WGAREditorialTeamMembers are located in Regional Rural villages or towns or cities or major cities acrossAustralia.. some travel from time to time (or even extensively) intrastate or interstate or overseas and some are located overseas.. #WGAREditorialTeam are diverse in background age ethnicity gender sexuality class ability... #WGAREdNote: Some of #WGAR's #CoreAndActive #WGARorganisers & Many (but not most) #WGAREditorialTeamMembers are #GrassRoots #AboriginalElders.. and some represent #GrassRootsOrgs led by #Elders