5/6/2021 Managed Audit Program update

Amir Montazery

May 10, 2021, 2:19:28 PM5/10/21
to wg-securing-critical-projects

Hello fellow work group! Hope everyone is doing well and having a good week. In lieu of today's meeting, I thought to give everyone a quick update on the Managed Audit Program.

After presenting to the workgroup March 25th, we presented at the April 6th TAC meeting. The response was positive and seemed to catalyze the OpenSSF Grant Program. In the Town Hall earlier this week, it was mentioned that the OpenSSF Grant Program will allow organizations to contribute funds for specific security related initiatives. I encourage everyone to get their representative organization involved and contribute to the program! A Managed Audit Program funded through OpenSSF would make our collective one of the world's only dedicated programs aimed at securing the greater open source ecosystem.

The following is a link to the proposed projects to undergo security reviews. Let me know if you have any questions or would like to discuss! Happy to discuss at a workgroup meeting or via email/slack.

Thank you! Have a great rest of the week and weekend, and a happy early Mother's Day!

-Amir

--
Amir Montazery
Chief Operating Officer