Re: [WG-OSSI] SAML2 interoperability event of open source implementations

Joni Brennan

Aug 29, 2011, 2:07:50 PM8/29/11
to ma...@entrouvert.com, wg-...@kantarainitiative.org, Leif Johansson
What a great idea.  How many do you you think are needed to make the event viable (perhaps 4?)?

I think that KI Interop Review Board could be able to support in some way - understanding that it's not proposed to be for certification but to show interop, connections, networking and power of open source implementations yes?

Fosdem 2012 (Feb 5-6, Belgium) seems like a great opportunity.

=Joni

Joni Brennan
IEEE-ISTO
Kantara Initiative | Executive Director
voice:+1 732-226-4223
email: joni @ ieee-isto.org
gtalk: jonibrennan
skype: upon request

Join the conversation on the community@ list -

2011/8/29 Mikaël Ates <ma...@entrouvert.com>
Le lundi 29 août 2011 à 11:08 +0200, Clément OUDOT a écrit :
> 2011/8/29 Mikaël Ates <ma...@entrouvert.com>:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > It would be really interesting to organize a SAML2 interoperability
> > event of open source implementations.
> >
> > I think to something like a workshop/devroom at the Fosdem conference
> > (http://fosdem.org/2011/). It may be difficult to obtain a slot however
> > we have good arguments:
> >
> > - An interesting session:
> >    - SAML2 presentation
> >    - a strong demonstration scenario, that may be based on the eGov2.0
> > profile
> >    - presentation of different software: language, structure, etc.
> >    - demonstration of interoperability: set up the CoT, profiles, etc.
> >    - invite people in the assistance to deploy one of the software on
> > their laptop, or their own implementation, and connect to the CoT
> >
> > - We could deliver "interoperability deployment validation" to people
> >
> > - We are not a society but a non-commercial workgroup promoting open
> > source, for some of us, free software
> >
> > - We have experts in SAML2
> >
> > - We are a workgroup of a known Consortium
> >
> > - We could try to find funds to make a small donation in the name of KI
> > to the Fosdem (which is a free conference and runs on donations and
> > sponsorships)
> >
> > Please, give your feedback. If we agree on at least 3 interested
> > participants, we start the process:
> >   0- interested people of the WG (at least 3)
> >   1- green light from the KI LC
> >   2- write an abstract
> >   3- contact the FOSDEM board
> >   4- define the scenario and technical details
> >   5- tests
> >

> Hi,
>
> very good idea! I'm ok to try the interoperability test with
> LemonLDAP::NG based on Lasso. But for now, I never implemented the
> eGov profile, I will have a look at this if the event occurs.

Great.

> Clément.

Joni Brennan

Aug 30, 2011, 8:18:16 PM8/30/11
to sa...@zxidp.org, wg-...@kantarainitiative.org
Yes, but there is another page if you dog around that says they are planning for 2012 now.

Best
=Joni

Joni Brennan

Aug 30, 2011, 8:19:45 PM8/30/11