[WG-FI] Stepping down

1 view

Walter Forbes Hoehn, Jr. (wassa)

Feb 5, 2021, 6:01:00 PM2/5/21
to wg...@kantarainitiative.org
I want to let everyone know that I’m stepping down in my role as co-chair of the FedInterop working group. I’ve accepted a job in the private sector that I will begin in two weeks. It has, of course, been a profound pleasure working with all of you.

-Walter

Wessel, Keith

Feb 5, 2021, 6:20:50 PM2/5/21
to wg...@kantarainitiative.org
Thanks, Walter. It's been a pleasure working with you and having you as part of this group.

All, per Kantara practices, we will need to elect a new co-chair. Before we do, it's worth asking if we want to keep this group together. We've obviously been dormant for several months. We discussed trying to work on spreading word to market adoption of the profile. Not sure if anyone has interest in working on that. If so, we can definitely start meeting again. Or are there other things we might need to address?

What are folks feelings on keeping this WG alive or shutting it down?

Keith

Feb 22, 2021, 7:46:16 AM2/22/21
to wg...@kantarainitiative.org
First, my pondering seems to have taken too long and I fear I missed Walter's two week window to thank him for his work and wish him well.

I don't recall what the "rapid repair" process is for the profile and whether this group would be needed.  I found the Errata repository (https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/GI/Errata+Repository+for+Kantara+Recommendations+and+Reports). While "last modified on Dec 20, 2019" it simply appears to have headings and no content.

So i think that having a clear process by which feedback could be collected and this group restarted is important. This may simply be a conversation with Kanatara's team.  If not simple or if the group needs to persist, i would be willing to be considered as co chair.

>From the Federation 2.0 working group point of view, there's going to be a general takeaway that mutlilateral federation will survive if the R&E sector can work with broader industry groups and vertical sectors to make setting up federation easier. Ensuring an interop profile that is responsive to changing needs seems valuable to me.

Judith