Notice of our AGM and Call for Nominations for At-Large-Director positions

Kantara Initiative Membership

Oct 20, 2022, 7:22:02 AM10/20/22
to wg-fi+garc...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kantara Initiative Supporter

Thank you for your support for our community and our work throughout 2022.

It has been a busy year with many developments in our organization - not least new Work Groups, the launch of our UK certification operations, the establishment of a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiative through Board leadership, preparation for version 4 of the NIST 800-63 standards, participation in the Proof of Concept pilot with the CARIN Alliance and the certification of a wide number of identity service providers against the most rigorous of standards

Please be alert to some key dates coming up:

Annual General Members Meeting, 7 December 11:00 am – 12:30 pm ET

The Annual General Members Meeting will be virtual again this year. It is a chance for you to hear directly from Kantara’s leaders on what the organization has accomplished in 2022 and the proposed direction for 2023. It is also a chance for you to ask questions of the leadership including Matt Thompson, President of the Board, Andrew Hughes, Chair of the Leadership Council and Leif Johannson, Chair of the Assurance Review Board. The Work Group chairs will also provide a report of their activities and plans for 2023.

A meeting invitation and Zoom link will shortly be sent to our members. If you are a member and would like to attend, please RSVP by accepting the meeting invitation. You can also register using our online registration form  and the login details will be confirmed back to you.

If you are not yet a member of Kantara Initiative, why not consider joining us before December so you can participate in shaping our strategy for 2023..

Call for Nominations for At-Large Board Directors, open 21 October - 2 December 2022

At-Large Directors are elected to the Board of Directors directly by our membership. Organizational members are eligible for At-Large Director positions. At-Large Directors serve a one-year term, beginning January 1 and ending December 31.  There are up to 17 Director positions available on the Board. These At-Large Directors may serve multiple terms and are permitted to self-nominate. Since January 2022, there are no longer any paid director positions. Directors can only be selected by member vote. Details of our nomination and election process can be found on the here..

Nominations will be accepted from tomorrow, October 21 through December 2, 2022 and should be emailed to director...@kantarainitiative.org.

If you have any questions about the process or election, please feel free to email me at st...@kantarainitiative.org.  If you are a member, please consider nominating yourself or a colleague and support us to further the thought leadership and expertise on our Board.

I would welcome your participation at the Annual General Meeting and the upcoming elections to the Board. Member engagement makes Kantara stronger and allows the organization to maintain its global leadership around the trustworthy use of identity and personal data. I look forward to growing our collaboration in 2023.

Best wishes,

Kay

.

AGM Registration