Re: [WG-FI] Keeping Up with the Kantarians

Nick Roy

Jan 21, 2020, 5:40:33 PM1/21/20
to WG-FI

Thanks for the advertising of the consultation period! I question the use of the word "still" in "still deploy SAML", however. SAML has an enormous installed base. This is like saying, "if your organization still uses SMTP."

Nick

On 20 Jan 2020, at 5:00, Kantara Initiative wrote:

Find out what's keeping us busy!
Find out what's keeping us busy!

January Newsletter

I’m writing this as we begin to put the memories of holidays and celebrations to one side and prepare to progress those resolutions – both recent and long held – as we commence a new year and indeed a new decade.

This is very much the case for Kantara as we put our 10th Anniversary celebrations behind us and look forward to our 11th year of serving you, our members and supporters that comprise the global digital identity and privacy communities.
Read More
Spotlight on Experian
Kantara member Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. They are a Kantara Approved Credential Service Provider and have earned Kantara's coveted NIST 800-63 rev.3 Trustmark.
Their ID verification platform leverages their own Experian identity services and enables alternative data provider partners through their ID services hub (CrossCore). Their partner services enable extended data validation techniques such as biometrics, email and behavioral methods. When coupled with Experian’s own services, the CrossCore hub provides a comprehensive identity verification and resolution offering.
Read the Spotlight below to learn more about Experian.
Read the Full Spotlight

Press Release on ADPP

The Arena for Data Protection Professionals (ADPP) and the Kantara Initiative announced their alliance which aims to share best practices, knowledge and thought leadership to strengthen consumer privacy and expand privacy protections impacting billions of people on the planet.  The collaboration will take the form of a privacy forum and bring like-minded companies and individuals together to discuss the issues and to take action in the form of technical specifications, frameworks and standards development.
Read Full Press Release

New Team Member!

We are delighted to announce that Andi Hindle – Kantara member & UMA WG aficionado, Identiverse content chair, subject matter identity expert and all-round good guy – is our 6th staff contractor. He takes up the new role of Kantara’s UK Ambassador to progress Kantara’s footprint in the UK.
Check out his full bio:
Find Out More

Last Call for SAML 2.0 Deployment Profile out for Public Comment and IPR Review

Public Comment and IPR Review is a mechanism that gives the Kantara Initiative members and community an opportunity to provide input and feedback on the Working Groups specifications.
We encourage all newsletter readers whose organizations still deploy SAML, to review and feed back comments this week!
Learn More

Work Group News

The new FIRE working group reincarnated from IDESG committees has just released the first draft of a very interesting specification entitled Distributed Identity Assurance 1.0. Draft 1 and encourages initial reactions, suggestions and comments from the community.
Read the Early Draft
The Consent and Information Sharing Work Group has announced its intention to wind up and launch the Information Sharing Interoperability Work Group with a broader scope to enable more projects to be worked on.
ISI Work Group
Feb 13 I London
Kantara member speakers include Katryna Dow/Meeco & Adam Cooper/ID Crowd and ED Collin Wallis on the International Identity panel.
Feb 17-20 I Vienna
Kantara speakers include Ubisecure, Rainer Hoerbe and staff Ruth Puente & Colin Wallis
March 11-12 I Washington, DC
Speakers coming soon.
Apr 5-8 I Las Vegas
Kantara member speakers include Experian, ID Crowd, ID.me, ForgeRock, Gluu, Lockstep Technologies, Microsoft, MIT, Catherine Schultern, Lorrayne Auld, Dr Tom Sullivan
Kantara members receive a 20% discount with code: KANTARA2020
Thank you to our board member digi.me for renewing with us! If you haven't renewed, do so now to continue the many benefits of membership!
Renew Membership
Reminder to all renewing members to get your dues in on time!
Thank you to our new organization member Microsoft for becoming a new member with us! If you aren't already a member, join us today!
Become a New Member
Follow Us
Twitter Facebook LinkedIn YouTube
Share this email:
Email Twitter Facebook LinkedIn
Manage your preferences | Opt out using TrueRemove
View this email online.
401 Edgewater Place Suite 600
Wakefield, MA | 01880 US
This email was sent to nr...@internet2.edu.
To continue receiving our emails, add us to your address book.
signature.asc

Colin Wallis Kantara

Jan 21, 2020, 6:17:47 PM1/21/20
to Kantara FI-WG
Fair enough..;-).

Andrew Hughes

Jan 21, 2020, 7:46:31 PM1/21/20
to Colin Wallis Kantara, Kantara FI-WG
Wait, what? You STILL use SMTP? Wow-that’s so 1982 totally retro!   :-)

Lol
--
Andrew Hughes CISM CISSP
o  +1 650.209.7542 m +1 250.888.9474

Allan Foster

Jan 21, 2020, 7:48:45 PM1/21/20
to Colin Wallis Kantara, Andrew Hughes, Kantara FI-WG
SORRY MY 300 BAUD MODEM DOES NOT DO LOWER CASE!!!!!

Alan Buxey

Jan 22, 2020, 5:51:19 AM1/22/20
to Nick Roy, WG-FI
hi,

it's also the present tense...so maybe organisations that are still
deploying SAML (it's taken them a very long time to get it done ;) ) -
rather than e.g. 'have a deployed SAML solution' or such :-)

alan