[WG-FI] Fwd: [Kantara - Members] All Member Ballot Passed with Success!

1 view

Nicholas Roy

Feb 25, 2020, 3:30:56 PM2/25/20
to WG-FI, t...@incommon.org, i2-ti-...@internet2.edu

WOO HOO!!!!!!

Congrats to the working group and thanks for the leadership of Keith Wessel. It’s been something like a three year process to get to having this approved by the Kantara membership.

Best,

Nick

Feb 25, 2020, 5:22:19 PM2/25/20
to WG-FI, deploymen...@incommon.org

All,

Passing along the exciting news of the very, very big milestone that we have to celebrate today. Thank you to all of you who contributed with writing, edits, discussion, suggestions, and moral support.

Now, we begin the hardest part of all of this: trying to get people to use this profile.

Thanks again to everyone, it has been and continues to be a pleasure working with each of you.

Keith

image001.png

Morgan, Andrew Jason

Feb 25, 2020, 5:40:06 PM2/25/20
to Wessel, Keith, WG-FI, deploymen...@incommon.org
When do we update https://kantarainitiative.github.io/SAMLprofiles/saml2int.html to say it no longer Draft?  🙂

Andy

Feb 25, 2020, 5:59:14 PM2/25/20
to Morgan, Andrew Jason, WG-FI, deploymen...@incommon.org
Now is good!
I think folks here can do that, but if not, let me know and Staff can attend to it.
Thanks you all!

Nicholas Roy

Feb 25, 2020, 6:11:42 PM2/25/20
to Colin Wallis Kantara, WG-FI, deploymen...@incommon.org

I just pushed a change to switch the status to "Approved". Hopefully the autobuild script is still running on Walter’s machine ;-)

Yay!

Nick

signature.asc

Eric Goodman

Feb 25, 2020, 6:46:14 PM2/25/20
to Nicholas Roy, Colin Wallis Kantara, WG-FI, deploymen...@incommon.org

We should probably snapshot it in some way now…

Eric Goodman

Feb 25, 2020, 6:47:11 PM2/25/20
to Nicholas Roy, Colin Wallis Kantara, WG-FI, deploymen...@incommon.org

And yes, I get that git is versioned, I just mean that now I’m not sure we want the page auto updating if people start submitting errata.

--- Eric

Nicholas Roy

Feb 25, 2020, 6:56:00 PM2/25/20
to Eric Goodman, WG-FI, deploymen...@incommon.org

Yeah - we should probably do a few things:

1) Tag the release in GitHub so we have a stable identifier for it long-term.
2) Manually generate HTML and PDF versions of it using asciidoctor and asciidoctor-PDF and put them in a different publishing location, so that they don’t get overwritten by the autobuilder. Those are the versions that should get published on the main Kantara web site/behind the PII-wall.

I think we had an arrangement with Colin last time around to allow us to bypass the PII-wall, and I think we should ask for that on this one, too, since we need to be able to directly reference this profile in our federation documentation/etc, without our participants having to give Kantara their email addresses.

Best,

Nick

signature.asc

Colin Wallis Kantara

Feb 25, 2020, 7:03:57 PM2/25/20
to Nicholas Roy, WG-FI, deploymen...@incommon.org
Yeaup, sounds fine.
The form-before-download has been absent for getting on 2 years now.

Alan Buxey

Feb 26, 2020, 4:17:22 AM2/26/20
to Nicholas Roy, WG-FI, deploymen...@incommon.org
hi,

congrats to all

> Yeah - we should probably do a few things:
>
> 1) Tag the release in GitHub so we have a stable identifier for it long-term.
> 2) Manually generate HTML and PDF versions of it using asciidoctor and asciidoctor-PDF and put them in a different publishing location, so that they don’t get overwritten by the autobuilder. Those are the versions that should get published on the main Kantara web site/behind the PII-wall.

+1 to those suggestions

alan

Wessel, Keith

Feb 26, 2020, 1:20:10 PM2/26/20
to WG-FI

These are all good suggestions.

Nick, would you be willing to tag the release, please?

Who’s willing to generate the HTML and PDF versions?

And Colin, I think you at least sort of answered the question, but how do we address the PII issue for publishing that Nick mentions below?

Keith

Colin Wallis Kantara

Feb 26, 2020, 2:49:14 PM2/26/20
to Wessel, Keith, WG-FI
There's no issue to address.

Here is the page where Kantara publishes its docs in .pdf...

If FI-WG wants a .html version published as well (which I suspect it will) it can also publish a link to that location on this page, which could be to its Wiki or to a Higher Ed/REFEDS location of its choosing, which is what it did last time IIRC. UMA has also done that in pastimes.

Kind regards
Colin

Nicholas Roy

Mar 11, 2020, 12:09:17 PM3/11/20
to Colin Wallis Kantara, WG-FI

Thanks Colin and Keith,

Best,

Nick

signature.asc

Nicholas Roy

Apr 23, 2020, 10:29:08 AM4/23/20
to Wessel, Keith, WG-FI

Hi Keith,

My sincerest apologies, somehow this message fell through the cracks in my inbox. Was Kantara staff able to do this, since the profile is in their github space? If not, I can work on this.

Thank you,

Nick

signature.asc