Your Autumn update from the Kantara team

Kantara Initiative Membership

Nov 7, 2022, 8:36:38 AM11/7/22
to wg-fi+garc...@googlegroups.com
Latest round-up from the Kantara Community

With the Summer behind us, the team here at Kantara have been gearing up for the Autumn event season.

The month began with Identity Week America where I participated in a panel on the Proof of Concept pilot with the CARIN Alliance, DirectTrust, ID.me, HHS (US Department of Health & Human Services) and WalMart representatives discussing federated identity in the healthcare industry. I then went on to moderate a panel on trust frameworks, presenting the Kantara Identity Assurance Framework as an active example. A busy week concluded with a presentation on the value of Kantara to its members and the outstanding certification programs we provide to solution providers in the US and the UK.

We were then invited to attend a policy briefing hosted by The CARIN Alliance along with guests from the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information (ONC) and other HHS components to learn more about the US federal government's efforts to support interoperable, private and secure nationwide health IT systems.

Details of upcoming events where we are presenting are listed below and I hope to see some of you in person over the coming weeks.

Our Board of Directors are currently finalising the agenda for our Annual General Membership Meeting on 7th December. This year's AGM will feature updates from our Work Group leaders as well as a review of preparations for the rollout of NIST 800-63-4. Watch out for further email updates in your Inbox.

I would also like to draw to your attention the Call for Nominations for the 2023 At-Large Directors on the Kantara Board. We are accepting nominations now - see below for full details and how to submit a nomination.

Thank you, as always, for your ongoing support for our work at Kantara Initiative.

Best wishes

Kay Chopard
Executive Director
Kantara Initiative

Call for Nominations -
At-Large Directors to Kantara Board

We are now open for nominations for At-Large Directors on the Kantara Board.

All organizational members are eligible to serve as an At-Large Director and may be self-nominated or nominated by any Kantara member in good standing. At-Large Directors serve a one-year term, beginning January 1 and ending December 31. The number of At-Large Directors may not exceed 17.

There are no paid director positions on the Kantara Board. Directors can only be selected by member vote.

Full details of our nomination and election process can be found here.

Nominations will close on December 2, 2022 and should be emailed to director...@kantarainitiative.org.

New date for industry workshop on NIST 800-63-4: December 9th

We will co-host a joint industry meeting with the Better Identity Coalition and the FIDO Alliance to hear from NIST on version 4 release of NIST SP 800-63. The original date of November 16th has  been pushed back to December 9th and may be moved again if version 4 has not been released before that date.

The meeting will be held in-person in the Venable Law Offices at 600 Massachusetts Ave., NW, Washington, DC.

*** Be sure to bring proof of vaccination for entry to the building.

From our Work Groups
Launch of new RIUP Work Group

Building on our commitment to inclusion across the identity ecosystem, we have launched a Work Group dedicated to the "Resilient Identifiers for Underserved Populations" (RIUP WG).

Why not get involved?
You don't have to be a member of Kantara in order to take part in our Work Groups - we value the input of everyone!

Find out more
Checking in on the PEMC Work Group

We've joined forces with Heather Flanagan to produce a series of technical reports and guides with OIDF and our Privacy Enhancing Mobile Credentials (PEMC) Work Group.

The PEMC has a phased approach to writing requirements and conformance criteria for the various endpoints of data flows in a mobile credential ecosystem.

We're hoping to publish the initial report - an Implementors Report - towards the end of this year

Read the latest PEMC blog
Where to meet the Kantara team over the coming weeks

We will be out in force, presenting at the following events:

Future of Identity, London, 14-15 November. Kantara members are entitled to a discount of 20% - simply register with the code FIDVIPKANTARA20.

Think Digital for Government, London, 17 November. Hear more about the progress of our global certification programs at the International Identity panel - 14:30. Register here

  Twitter   Linkedin