[WG-eGov] Preparation of Comments on the Digital ID & Authentication Council of Canada’s Pan Canadian Trust Framework

Ken Dagg

Feb 21, 2019, 10:28:25 PM2/21/19
to eGov WG Kantara
eGov WG Participants,

Our friends and colleagues in the Digital ID & Authentication Council of Canada (DIACC) have asked Kantara if it would like to provide comments on the Overview of their Pan Canadian Trust Framework Model (PCTF).

In addition to a recap of contextual information and the goals and objectives of their Trust Framework, the 17 page document (attached) outlines both the primary functional areas and information associated with the Trust Framework as well as the various processes involved in creating, managing, and using the information.

I had a preliminary read and found it interesting. I believe that it’s important to provide comments to DIACC in order to ensure that its Trust Framework can be aligned with the global perspective that Kantara represents.

During the discussion of the Overview of the PCTF during today’s IAWG meeting, IAWG volunteered to prepare comments and submit them to the DIACC.

IAWG invites eGov WG Participants to join its meetings on Thursday February 28th and Thursday March 7th to prepare comments in order to meet the DIACC’s requirement to have comments to them prior to March 15th.

Given the short timeframe to prepare comments, I would ask Participants to review the PCTF and provide comments back to the IAWG and eGov WG list prior to next week’s meeting.

In order to facilitate providing comments to the DIACC, your comments should take the following format:

Line Number Range: identify the line(s) from the PDF document to which your comment applies.
Comment: Your comment. For example, “I find this text “tttt mmm to” confusing.”
Suggested Improvement: How you would suggest addressing your comment. For example, “I would recommend changing the text to the following, “dd ffff ggg jjjjj kkkk”.

Thanks,
Ken

--
Kenneth Dagg