[WG-CloudIDSec] South Yorkshire - OIX Pilot

Neil McEvoy

Jun 13, 2014, 3:46:34 AM6/13/14
to wg-clo...@kantarainitiative.org, wg-...@kantarainitiative.org, eGov WG Kantara

Thought y'all might be interested, a great case study - Defines the role of Identity in transformative Digital Government.

Regards,

Colin Wallis

Jun 15, 2014, 11:47:45 PM6/15/14
to Neil McEvoy, wg-clo...@kantarainitiative.org, eGov WG Kantara
A very good pilot by the looks of it.
It may play a much more (global) role in the success of identity federation, because of its broader applicability in developing nations..
Thanks Neil.
Cheers
Colin

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 03:46:31 -0400
From: neil....@cloudbestpractices.net
To: wg-clo...@kantarainitiative.org; wg-...@kantarainitiative.org; wg-...@kantarainitiative.org
Subject: [WG-CloudIDSec] South Yorkshire - OIX Pilot

Neil McEvoy

Jun 16, 2014, 5:30:37 AM6/16/14
to DTR Consulting, wg-clo...@kantarainitiative.org, eGov WG Kantara

That's why I loved it so much. It's one of the best Identity case studies AND one of the best for 'Bridging the Digital Divide':

That is best sweet spot for sure, brilliant work well done. Lots more to come in this field and this set the tone perfectly.

I also said in this blog it's especially important to have these bright lights no matter how small, given how dark a place the UK has become for social justice!

Neil.

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 3:56 AM, DTR Consulting <da...@dtrconsulting.eu> wrote:
Our aim is to apply some of the advanced technologies and systems from advanced nations like Kenya to places where large sections of society are termed financially and digitally 'excluded'.

I'm pleased to report it has led to some very positive response from UK banks - although no agreements to announce as yet.

Regards
David

Neil McEvoy

Jul 1, 2014, 7:09:45 AM7/1/14
to DTR Consulting, wg-clo...@kantarainitiative.org, eGov WG Kantara

Awesome! Great stuff thanks David.

Yes I am making this the #1 central design message for Digital Government: IdEA - Identity Enabled Applications:

I think the Danish POA case study is especially powerful because it explains, literally, how the UK's idea of a 'Digital Custodian' could be enabled.

These are tools for enabling tremendous progress for social innovation at the coal face and should be widely shared, especially since the core Identity platform is now so repeatable...

Cheers Neil.

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 5:44 PM, DTR Consulting <da...@dtrconsulting.eu> wrote:
Hi All

Should you be interested, the second report “Challenges in Digital Identity” is now up on the website…

regards
David

Neil McEvoy

Neil McEvoy

Jul 17, 2014, 6:30:37 PM7/17/14
to DTR Consulting, wg-clo...@kantarainitiative.org, eGov WG Kantara

Hey David

I have been tidying up the web sites, and FYI the case study is now here:

I would love to do a more detailed piece that analyzes how it was delivered, with a view to defining a repeatable IDaaS solution....

Cheers, Neil.

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 5:44 PM, DTR Consulting <da...@dtrconsulting.eu> wrote:
Hi All

Should you be interested, the second report “Challenges in Digital Identity” is now up on the website…

regards
David

Colin Wallis

Jul 18, 2014, 6:28:00 AM7/18/14
to Neil McEvoy, DTR Consulting, wg-clo...@kantarainitiative.org, eGov WG Kantara
Thanks Neil

And I quickly reviewed it and while agreeing it's valuable, I was a bit surprised that that there was nothing in the follow-up/next steps section about utilizing device biometrics, especially since there was such a high penetration of smartphones (and where those are going re on-board biometrics).

Looking forward to more deployment news from South Yorkshire.

Cheers
Colin

Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 18:30:34 -0400
Subject: Re: [WG-eGov] [WG-CloudIDSec] South Yorkshire - OIX Pilot
From: neil....@cloudbestpractices.net
To: da...@dtrconsulting.eu
CC: colin_...@hotmail.com; wg-clo...@kantarainitiative.org; wg-...@kantarainitiative.org

Neil McEvoy

Jul 18, 2014, 11:25:53 AM7/18/14
to Colin Wallis, wg-clo...@kantarainitiative.org, DTR Consulting, eGov WG Kantara

With that in mind, check this out:

iPayments - Identity-Enabled Digital Payments:

N.