kingmaker wfrp game

suntzu

Mar 7, 2013, 6:00:42 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
here is the starting information  , i have attached a map so you can see the land you will be playing over but this is only a small copy

here are my ideas as to the rules

Wfrp kingmaker campaign
1. start off , make a 1st rank character using the normal rules then we will interpret the character and create a faction which it closly resembles
2 the character stats actually represent the following
strength = number of men in faction
toughness = how healthy the faction is
Agility how fast the faction can move
intelligence =  how much intelligence the faction can get form a adjacent hex
willpower = how much fear the faction can sustain
fellowship = how well the faction trades
money and equipment will determing how powerful the faction is
skills and tallents will be converted into a similar item
3. the standard wounds , stress and fatigue are used
4. all action cards are interpreted to give a feel of the faction being a group rather than a single person , this goes for talents as well as interpreting the dice pool
5. healing , this is set at 1 wound per turn
6.1 turn = 1 day = 1 round per player , 1 hex = 20 miles
7. the campaign will use fate tables to generate the information on the hex
8. the other players will decide on what the opposing unit in the hex does so it is always the opposing players against that players turn or if none available then the GM will roll on the encounter tables
9. the aim of the game is to found your kingdom  , the countryside will be generated using a fate system from Legends of Anglerre when the token is next to an area
10. the end of the campaign would have one of the players ruler of the land
11. any plaver may come and go as they choose , if they are not avaliable for their turn they will still heal and defend them selves but will not attack anyone
12. envoys or messengers can travel 3 hexes per day
13. players may start anywhere on the map but not in a town or on a full sea hex

if you interested in playing let me know

by the way i still have to code in the random tables for the things you find

Rob
kingmaker small.png

Kilsern

Mar 7, 2013, 6:21:02 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Interesting, but I need a bit more on the pitch. Characters, I'm assuming nobles of some sort, or perhaps guild members, knights, etc. ? I just can't visualize the faction a Bone Picker might run for instance. Wouldn't higher ranking characters be better as this seems a bit more epic in scale versus the typical WFRP game?

suntzu

Mar 7, 2013, 6:35:35 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Your character is actually your faction you are the leader of that faction , so for instance if you started as a dwarf troll hunter then your faction could be a wandering band of renegade dwarfs , or perhaps you picked a zealot then your faction could be a wandering band of fanatics , really it is up to you as to how you see your faction

So rather than rewriting the character creation bit it will just be converted into something that resembles what you picked

So your objective is to takeover the land and make it your own and the way your faction would like , of course all the other players are trying to do the same thing , so it's a bit like risk / diplomacy

Depending on how it developers the game might turn into more of a play by post thing

Rob

Kilsern

Mar 7, 2013, 6:42:46 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm. Possibilities are there. I do like games in the vein of Birthright and Pendragon. Actually, on my wish list is to do a similar game with one of those two systems.

So how does my faction of bar wenches go about taking over the Reikland? On second thought, I can see two ways, one of which would be an uncomfortable bit of role playing.

Rob Heath

Mar 7, 2013, 6:48:28 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm bar wenches well I think you would have to RP that one , or they could be a tribe of amazons who have to relocate due to the nasty dwarfs cutting down their forest looking for gold

Rob

Sent from my iPad

On 7 Mar 2013, at 23:42, Kilsern <kils...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmmm. Possibilities are there. I do like games in the vein of Birthright and Pendragon. Actually, on my wish list is to do a similar game with one of those two systems.
>
> So how does my faction of bar wenches go about taking over the Reikland? On second thought, I can see two ways, one of which would be an uncomfortable bit of role playing.

Kilsern

Mar 7, 2013, 6:52:01 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
On a more serious note, could someone run a Skaven faction or a Greenskin Waaagh!? Dark elves?

Rob Heath

Mar 7, 2013, 7:05:52 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Anything you want , you just have to come up with the idea , you could even have a wandering band of sigmaites preaching their holy gospel

Rob

Sent from my iPad

On 7 Mar 2013, at 23:52, Kilsern <kils...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On a more serious note, could someone run a Skaven faction or a Greenskin Waaagh!? Dark elves?

Kilsern

Mar 7, 2013, 7:15:08 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
A bit off topic, but I really need to convert Chaos in the Old World to VTT so we can play it. Your Kingmaker idea gives me a clue that you would be a good opponent for trying to corrupt the Old World.

DevoutBadger

Mar 7, 2013, 7:15:24 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Need some kind of way to work taking over a "hex" and then convert "resources" gained from those "hexes" into "stuff" to kill people with or whatever. Probably need some whole kind of economic system going for that.

Rob Heath

Mar 7, 2013, 7:24:38 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
My idea is that your faction explores a hex , the type of hex will generate an encounter depending on what it is , which might be a social if its a town or a fight if its something else , if you win the encounter you get treasure if you fail you get wounds , this stuff is handled by the fate book I will use , but if you have any ideas shout out

Rob

Sent from my iPad

DevoutBadger

Mar 7, 2013, 7:41:07 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Just thinking out loud I guess, throwing out stuff that will have to be considered.

What is the benefit to controlling a territory?
Once you hold one, what makes it harder for other people to take?
Do you only ever have more than one "guy" to attack/defend territories with?

Rob Heath

Mar 7, 2013, 8:00:55 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Controlling a territory allows you to build stuff like farms , towns which will help your army grow , you could then leave troops behind to defend it , or you could raise a hex to the ground an rape it's full resources if you were goblins for instance

It may be too much to play this live but over email it could work , I guess this is one of those games that will grow as its played

Rob

Sent from my iPad

suntzu

Mar 8, 2013, 6:24:20 PM3/8/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Changed a lot of my ideas now the game is more like an invasion , loot , burn & pillage but if you want to do the wimpy trading or send in your spy network that's up to you

Will post the framework tomorrow as there are a few things to tidy up

Rob

Arnaud van der Gaarden

Mar 8, 2013, 8:55:50 PM3/8/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com

The idea makes me realy interested, so if there is going to be a session keep me notified

Cheers,
Arnaud

Op 9 mrt. 2013 00:24 schreef "suntzu" <shame...@gmail.com> het volgende:
Changed a lot of my ideas now the game is more like an invasion , loot , burn & pillage but if you want to do the wimpy trading or send in your spy network that's up to you

Will post the framework tomorrow as there are a few things to tidy up

Rob

suntzu

Mar 9, 2013, 8:13:42 AM3/9/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
ok here is the link to the base kingmaker campaign file

it is designed for either a player to explore an area with the aid of a DM and using limited sight similar to the "heroes of might and magic" computer game or a group of players fight for control of the area and playing against each other though one would have to be the DM and host the server

the rules are included under "i" tokens

This game is more of a explore and fight game , however people could use it to role play at the level of "king"

i would suggest you enable a grid for the game  , it uses hexes

if players are interested then i think this would play out as a more email compatible game but who knows , anyway see what you all think and any feedback always welcome

Rob