"current" values from mySQL

linksfuchs

Feb 16, 2017, 4:57:22 AM2/16/17
to wfrog-users
First post - so hopefully I'll meet the requirements ...

I just changed my System (WH1080 + RPi2) from "fully wfrog" to a rig with rtl_433 and a "homebrew" datalogger (the constantly needed powercycles with the USB Connection to the base station were driving me mad).
The datalogger writes directly into a mySQL database with the "wfrog" scheme so I'm still able to use wfrog with the "--renderer" flag and mySQL as data source. Oh, and I should mention, that the "wfrog renderer" is running on another machine, because I wanted the "filesystem traffic" on the raspberry to be at a Minimum, it just reads out and decodes the signal and the same script writes to the database (on another host).

So, I was wondering, is there a way to configure "current.yaml" to read the values from the database too, instead from XML? I only found that "!database" entry in "sources", but it's just for firebird ...

And a more general question - I noticed, there is still development activity going on with wfrog, but what about the future of the project? Can we expect a "version 0.9"? Or is it just "maintaining the status"?

Many thanks in advance ...

Jordi Puigsegur Figueras

Feb 25, 2017, 2:07:31 PM2/25/17
to wfrog...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Right now one could say that the project is mostly in maintenance status.

I would like to refactor/redesign certains parts of wfrog whenever time permits it. And one of the things I definitely would like to change is how one access current values. Right now I'll just put a message broker, f.e. a mqtt broker, and any consumer will just read values from there.

Best regards,
Jordi.