Charts Not Rendering

Yotta

Jun 10, 2016, 10:17:11 PM6/10/16
to wfrog-users
Hopefully a quick one;

Just set up a new weather station (an WMR88A this time). Ironed out most of the issues but the graphs aren't rendering (when loaded the page just shows empty picture placeholders instead)

- wflogger.log shows the logger is working (somewhat) as previously documented the WMR88A is not entirely compatible with the WMRS200 driver so errors are thrown, but the firebird database is being populated with all relevent data events, localhost:7680/check shows many entries have been made, and the numbers page is fully populated.
- wfrender.log shows no errors

I suspect it the error lies with the webserver (apache2). Maybe a missing python, php or java addon? Any suggestions?

Jordi Puigsegur Figueras

Jun 11, 2016, 4:36:41 AM6/11/16
to wfrog...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Graphs in wfrog are online generated (by google graphs). Do yo have Internet connectivity?
You are talking about a apache2 webserver. Are you publishing the pages using FTP?
If you can see the page with empty graphs, can you see the numeric data in the corresponding tab, as well as the numeric values?

Jordi.

Yotta

Jun 12, 2016, 9:26:14 AM6/12/16
to wfrog-users
Apologies I might have confused myself with the apache2. Just using the standard wfrog server.

Yes do have internet connectivity.

Current values are shown at the top of the dashboard, the "numbers" tab is populated, /check shows around 300 entries over three days.

The graphs are not empty, they are not shown at all (just an image placeholder).

Yotta

Jun 15, 2016, 11:40:59 AM6/15/16
to wfrog-users
Playing around with the page source I've found out I can extract the url for the google graphs and open them successfully in a separate window. They have the strange line mentioned in the this previous topic:

Going to investigate if its an issue with python-pygooglechart-0.4.0

Yotta

Jun 15, 2016, 6:36:51 PM6/15/16
to wfrog-users
Prior to the mentioned post the issue was also discovered in this thread:

It would appear that wfrog has some compatible issues with pygooglechart-0.4.0

Reverting to pygooglechart-0.3.0 seems to have worked for me and the people in the other linked threads.
- The original repository seems to have been taken down (in case it comes back up): https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pygooglechart/0.3.0
- Found some mirrors which worked for me (despite the installer throwing errors): http://www.filewatcher.com/m/pygooglechart-0.3.0.tar.gz.27388-0.html

Just clicking through the tabs I've noticed that I've got the charts now and lost the "numbers". Will continue to investigate...

Yotta

Jun 16, 2016, 10:18:23 AM6/16/16
to wfrog-users
Loss of numbers data was unrelated, broke the code while trying to remove a few columns from the tables.