release notes for 0.8.2

已查看 46 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Jordi Puigsegur

未读,
2012年2月4日 12:42:232012/2/4
收件人 wfrog-dev
Hi all,

Below you'll find the proposal for 0.8.2 release notes. Please, tell
me if I missed something.

If it is OK I plan to do the release some tomorrow.

Jordi.

wfrog 0.8.2 - xx.02.2012

- Fixed issues (http://code.google.com/p/wfrog/issues/list?
q=label:Milestone-Release0.8.2)
- Many small bugs fixed
- Default template now has tabs for charts and numerical data and a
date picker that allows to view history data (only in http mode).
- Added new native publisher for wetter.com
- New static file renderer, to be used with ftp or http renderers to
publish single static files
- New native driver for Davis VantagePro2 weather stations.
- OS-WMR928NX driver now is able to receive multiple TH and T sensors
- Added support for several temp/hum sensors when using database
storage (i.e. firebird or mysql storage).
- The configuration files now have additional commented out sections
to allow easier configuration of:
1) ftp publishing / compatible with http rendering
2) pws, weather underground, wetter.com and meteoclimatic data
publishing
3) humidex and wind chill in graphs
4) additional sensors
- Interior temp and hum now allow units configuration.
- Fix barometer overflow in WMRS200 driver.
- Several fixes in WMRS200 driver to improve data reporting and error
management.

Upgrade notes: If you have customized your configuration: in order to
have the new settings take effect, you have to upgrade the wfdriver
config files to the latest version and execute wfrog -S.

Robin Kluth

未读,
2012年2月4日 12:57:462012/2/4
收件人 wfro...@googlegroups.com
Looks great, should contain all things.

After the debian-archive for 0.8.2 releases, I'll rename/update the windows-binaries, too.

Gruß,
R. Kluth

PK

未读,
2012年2月4日 16:17:392012/2/4
收件人 wfrog-dev
For those starting over with the new wfrog deb version, an explicit
list of config files (incl path) to backup before upgrade, would be
fine. Or is it *only* the /config/ folders under /usr/lib/wfrog/... ?

/Poul

lbovet

未读,
2012年2月4日 17:17:052012/2/4
收件人 wfrog-dev
Definitely we have to release soon!

Yes, it would be very nice to be in debian. As far as I know, you have
to be debian developer to make the package. As it is quite difficult
to become one, you would need to send an inquiry for the package and
see if a debian developer takes it.

Yes, we should have a windows release with same version number and
same content. So we need to decide a code freeze at some point in
order to let Jordi and Robin have the time to build and package.

Yes, would be nice to give hints for upgrade.

Jordi Puigsegur Figueras

未读,
2012年2月5日 13:35:032012/2/5
收件人 wfro...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Definitely we have to release soon!

yep .. I agree.

Yes, we should have a windows release with same version number and
same content. So we need to decide a code freeze at some point in
order to let Jordi and Robin have the time to build and package.

That's right we need to coordinate. There's just been some commits from Laurent and I've just made a small correction to make them work in ftp setups. Let's give them a some more time to make sure there are no issues. So, if someone has changes that should go into this release, now is the time ...  otherwise we do not include any other major change. Then we can plan to make the new release in two weeks (18th/19th february). Robin, Is that OK with you?

Yes, would be nice to give hints for upgrade.

 I understand that what needs some help is modifying the config files. Anyone feels like writting some guidelines for the upgrade?

Yes, it would be very nice to be in debian. As far as I know, you have
to be debian developer to make the package. As it is quite difficult
to become one, you would need to send an inquiry for the package and
see if a debian developer takes it.

Let's focus now on issuing a release and later we'll see which is the best way to add the package to the Debian repositoires.

Jordi.

Robin Kluth

未读,
2012年2月5日 13:40:112012/2/5
收件人 wfro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jordi,

yes, the 18/19 february is ok.

If the code is ready, I'll build the windows-binaries on this date.

BTW: Just checked out latest trunk: Working perfect, the edited datepicker looks very nice ;)

I have to made some customizations to the main.html again.
The wfrog-first-time setup should ask for a location of the station, so this could be displayed at the title and header :)

Gruß,
R. Kluth

Jordi Puigsegur Figueras

未读,
2012年2月5日 13:49:402012/2/5
收件人 wfro...@googlegroups.com

Hi Robin,

BTW: Just checked out latest trunk: Working perfect, the edited datepicker looks very nice ;)

I've also installed the new version and I like the new datepicker. It is much simpler and in wfrog's line. However I've just noticed that the "Show latest value" button appears out of place (chrome under linux). I attach a snapshot.

I have to made some customizations to the main.html again.
The wfrog-first-time setup should ask for a location of the station, so this could be displayed at the title and header :)

That's a good idea. I also have to customize main.html each time there's some modification.

Jordi.

Captura.png

schuckle

未读,
2012年2月7日 02:35:532012/2/7
收件人 wfrog-dev

On 5 helmi, 20:49, Jordi Puigsegur Figueras
<jordi.puigse...@gmail.com> wrote:

However I've just noticed that the "Show
> latest value" button appears out of place (chrome under linux).

Fixed this with commit 876.

> > The wfrog-first-time setup should ask for a location of the station, so
> > this could be displayed at the title and header :)
>
> That's a good idea. I also have to customize main.html each time there's
> some modification.

Yes, I vote for this also. Very good idea.

And I also add my weather station mode to the header line, so it would
be nice to include that, too
"wfrog 0.8.1 - Weather Dashboard - Using Oregen Scientific WMR100N"

Jordi Puigsegur Figueras

未读,
2012年2月18日 05:11:072012/2/18
收件人 wfro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robin,

Just created the debian package. I haven't changed the version so that you can create the windows package. Afterwards we should change again wfrog/wfcommon/config.py so that version is 0.8.2-svn.

Jordi.

2012/2/5 Robin Kluth <comm...@googlemail.com>

Robin Kluth

未读,
2012年2月18日 05:17:552012/2/18
收件人 wfro...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

The new windows package should be ready in a few hours ;-)

Gruß,
R. Kluth.

Jordi Puigsegur Figueras

未读,
2012年2月18日 05:29:192012/2/18
收件人 wfro...@googlegroups.com
Ok.
When it is published we should also send an e-mail announcement to wfrog-users.

Jordi.

2012/2/18 Robin Kluth <comm...@googlemail.com>

Robin Kluth

未读,
2012年2月18日 11:24:542012/2/18
收件人 wfro...@googlegroups.com
Windows package released ;)

Hope all is working perfect.

I've also upgraded my wfrog, too - working as expected ;)

Gruß,
R. Kluth

Jordi Puigsegur Figueras

未读,
2012年2月18日 12:52:322012/2/18
收件人 wfro...@googlegroups.com
New release published! I've already sent an e-mail to the general list and commited the right version number. The feature freeze is over ...
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子