Lightweight database

PK

Mar 6, 2012, 12:18:05 PM3/6/12
to wfrog-dev
Was the sqlite database ever an option for wfrog, or would it have
drawbacks in this application?
/PK

Jordi Puigsegur Figueras

Mar 6, 2012, 4:28:22 PM3/6/12
to wfro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The first wfrog versions used Firebird. Latter we added support for CSV files to be able to simiplify the installation process. mysql support was also added because its popularity and a more wider availability than Firebird. wfrog does a very simple use of databases and therefore it is easy to add new drivers.

SQLite supports multiple processes accessing a database but only one writter. This is fine for wfrog. It also has a compatible python driver. There should be no problem adding support for SQLite. You can find the database driver factory in wfcommon/database.py and the specific storage engines in wfcommon/storage/firebird.py and wfcommon/storage/mysql.py. If you are interested in pursuing this line I could also help should you encounter any problems on the way.

Jordi.