Database file for Wetbud

Joshua Zinn

Aug 20, 2020, 3:51:06 PM8/20/20
to Wetbud Plus Technical Support
I have installed Wetbud onto my computer.

How do I connect to the database

At the bottom of the Project Wizard it states 'Database NOT connected. Check you settings.

I also received an error window  message stating that the wetbud failed to locate a host machine

what steps do I take to access/connect to the database? thx

Agioutantis, Zach

Aug 20, 2020, 3:58:30 PM8/20/20
to Wetbud Plus Technical Support

Was the Firebird database server installed?  Was the server started properly? If not, Wetbud will not be able to connect to any database.

The Firebird database server should be installed and started by default unless there is a permissions error.

Check the services under task manager for the FirebirdGuardian and FirebirdServer instances. They should be presented marked “running”

Dec 10, 2020, 3:29:16 PM12/10/20
to Wetbud Plus Technical Support
Gave me the same error:

Firebird is up and running.

Agioutantis, Zach

Dec 10, 2020, 3:32:17 PM12/10/20
to J Steele, Wetbud Plus Technical Support

Go to Utilities, Settings and make sure that the Database Full Filename corresponds to the actual DB. Use the browse icon to select the DB.

The DB may reside either under c:\wetbud or under Documents\MyWetbud

On Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 3:58:30 PM UTC-4 Agioutantis, Zach wrote:

Was the Firebird database server installed?  Was the server started properly? If not, Wetbud will not be able to connect to any database.

The Firebird database server should be installed and started by default unless there is a permissions error.

Check the services under task manager for the FirebirdGuardian and FirebirdServer instances. They should be presented marked “running”

Image removed by sender.

J Steele

Dec 10, 2020, 3:46:31 PM12/10/20
to Wetbud Plus Technical Support
Nothing in the data folder under Documents>Mywetbud

SHows three databases under C:\Wetbud\installDB

Wetbud2_blank.fdb
Wetbud2_preloaded.fdb
Wetbud2_preloaded_with_examples.fdb

Agioutantis, Zach

Dec 10, 2020, 3:49:03 PM12/10/20
to J Steele, Wetbud Plus Technical Support

I would recommend that you install WB again (over the existing installation)

If Firebird is running, it will skip over the firebird installation and then it will allow the installer to copy the proper fdb to the selected location.

You may need admin privileges to install.

Let me know

Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 15:29
To: Wetbud Plus Technical Support <wetbu...@googlegroups.com>

CAUTION: External Sender

Gave me the same error:

Error! Filename not specified.

Firebird is up and running.

On Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 3:58:30 PM UTC-4 Agioutantis, Zach wrote:

Was the Firebird database server installed?  Was the server started properly? If not, Wetbud will not be able to connect to any database.

The Firebird database server should be installed and started by default unless there is a permissions error.

Check the services under task manager for the FirebirdGuardian and FirebirdServer instances. They should be presented marked “running”

Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender.