WETS data for other states not importing

Marc

Apr 1, 2020, 11:21:46 AM4/1/20
to Wetbud Plus Technical Support
I think that the URL for the WETS station data may have changed.  I keep getting an error that the station data for NC can not be found.

Downloading List of files for State: NC
Download procedure for State: NC completed.
Importing header information for all Counties for State: NC
WETS files NOT found. Importing failed.

Watching the import screen there are a lot of 301 errors about "Moved Permanently"

Is this something that can be fixed?

Agioutantis, Zach

Apr 1, 2020, 1:03:33 PM4/1/20
to Marc, Wetbud Plus Technical Support

Marc

As of a couple of years ago NOAA is not sharing the legacy WETS tables.

We temporarily hosted them at different website and they are now incorporated into version 2. Version 2 will be available to the public in 60 to 90 days.  Unfortunately WETS tables are not available online right now.

However, the manual details a procedure where by you can download WETS tables from the NOAA site and manually import them into Wetbud, once you have defined the WETS station

Marc

Apr 1, 2020, 1:28:09 PM4/1/20
to Wetbud Plus Technical Support

2020-04-01_13-27-10.jpg

Can you help me with this?  I tired to manually import the WETS data and get an error (screen shot)

On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 1:03:33 PM UTC-4, Agioutantis, Zach wrote:

Marc

As of a couple of years ago NOAA is not sharing the legacy WETS tables.

We temporarily hosted them at different website and they are now incorporated into version 2. Version 2 will be available to the public in 60 to 90 days.  Unfortunately WETS tables are not available online right now.

However, the manual details a procedure where by you can download WETS tables from the NOAA site and manually import them into Wetbud, once you have defined the WETS station

Marc

Apr 1, 2020, 1:28:56 PM4/1/20
to Wetbud Plus Technical Support

Marc

Apr 1, 2020, 1:29:46 PM4/1/20
to Wetbud Plus Technical Support
The issue I have is that we are running a class with WetBud and we cannot get it to work without the WETS data.

Agioutantis, Zach

Apr 1, 2020, 1:30:16 PM4/1/20
to Marc, Wetbud Plus Technical Support

Click on “Delete Precipitation Data for Station” to delete data for this station

Apr 1, 2020, 1:30:48 PM4/1/20
to Wetbud Plus Technical Support
I don't think we can wait 60-90 days at this point.  Any help is appreciated.  Marc

Marc

Apr 1, 2020, 1:41:08 PM4/1/20
to Wetbud Plus Technical Support
The link in the manual no longer works.  This is what comes up:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /efotg_locator.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3535.0

On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 1:03:33 PM UTC-4, Agioutantis, Zach wrote:

Marc

As of a couple of years ago NOAA is not sharing the legacy WETS tables.

We temporarily hosted them at different website and they are now incorporated into version 2. Version 2 will be available to the public in 60 to 90 days.  Unfortunately WETS tables are not available online right now.

However, the manual details a procedure where by you can download WETS tables from the NOAA site and manually import them into Wetbud, once you have defined the WETS station

Rolband, Mike

Apr 1, 2020, 1:44:56 PM4/1/20
to Marc, Wetbud Plus Technical Support, Zach Agioutantis (zach.agioutantis@uky.edu), Lee Daniels (wdaniels@vt.edu), Stone, Stephen

Marc:

I will defer to Zach – but my hunch is you will have to wait for the next release.   With the pandemic – lots of our team are very busy dealing with remote work and support  PLUS working on getting 2.0 released – and the version 2.0 will have lots of improvements.

Mike

Michael Rolband, Chairman
Wetland Studies and Solutions, Inc.
703.679.5602

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wetbudplus/62731565-8943-4379-a923-5810a4051651%40googlegroups.com.

Agioutantis, Zach

Apr 1, 2020, 1:51:55 PM4/1/20
to Rolband, Mike, Marc, Wetbud Plus Technical Support, Lee Daniels (wdaniels@vt.edu), Stone, Stephen

Marc

https://efotg.sc.egov.usda.gov/

USDA changed the link. Here is the new link

Message has been deleted

Agioutantis, Zach

Apr 1, 2020, 2:55:29 PM4/1/20
to Marc, Wetbud Plus Technical Support
Thanks for sharing.

Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 2:53 PM

To: Wetbud Plus Technical Support <wetbu...@googlegroups.com>

Hi Make,

I have a fix and it even works!

First, the WETS data can now be found at:  https://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/climate/navigate_wets.html

Second,  I made a video on how to create a new station and import the data it here:  https://streamswamp.s3.amazonaws.com/APT_Workshop/UpdatingWETSData.mp4

The only thing I was not clear on is how to get the the correct WETS Station code.  The NRCS metadata does not use it anymore, so I just made up something and WetBud seemed to take it with no issues.  I ran two airports RDU and CLT and it worked perfectly.

Please feel free to share this info and the video with anyone you think might need the help.

Best,  Marc

Rolband, Mike

Apr 1, 2020, 2:56:34 PM4/1/20
to Marc, Wetbud Plus Technical Support
Super

Mike Rolband,
Excuse typo’s and Siri changes - this was sent from my iPhone

On Apr 1, 2020, at 2:53 PM, Marc <swamp...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Make,

I have a fix and it even works!

First, the WETS data can now be found at:  https://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/climate/navigate_wets.html

Second, I made a video on how to create a new station and import the data it here: https://streamswamp.s3.amazonaws.com/APT_Workshop/UpdatingWETSData.mp4

The only thing I was not clear on is how to get the the correct WETS Station code.  The NRCS metadata does not use it anymore, so I just made up something and WetBud seemed to take it with no issues.  I ran two airports RDU and CLT and it worked perfectly.

Please feel free to share this info and the video with anyone you think might need the help.

Best,  Marc

Marc

Agioutantis, Zach

Apr 2, 2020, 5:41:19 AM4/2/20
to Marc, Wetbud Plus Technical Support

Marc

Here is were you can get fips codes by county

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_FIPS_codes_by_county.

I have updated the links and description in the manual as well